Renew Me

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

renewme

Renew Me

Post by renewme » Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:42 pm

My first day went well. I didn't snack at all. That is a hard one for me. I craved sweets but I didn't give in.

Tomorrow is an S day and I have to make some adjustments. I know that typical sweets raise my blood sugar into the danger zone, so I will have to do a modified version. I will have to use sugar free dessert options for my S days. If you think that will be easy, think again. I overeat artificially sweetened foods just like I do foods with real sugar. My brain doesn't know the difference. I will still measure my glucose levels just to make sure I don't eat more than my body can handle. I don't want to be a slave to artificial sweeteners either, so I still need moderation for this.

I had intended to do a little bit of exercising but that didn't happen.

lpearlmom

Post by lpearlmom » Sat Oct 22, 2016 3:05 am

Great job sticking to your three plates today. I hope tomorrow goes okay for you. My dh eats low carb protein bars for dessert. I hope you find something that works for you. Maybe a more savory treat would make more sense.

Linda
:twisted: SW: 210 lbs
CW: 172
GW:160

Merry

Post by Merry » Sat Oct 22, 2016 3:49 am

Congratulations on your first day!

My dh was prediabetic a number of years ago, and was able to turn it around with walking and watching carbs. Hang in there, you can do this!
Homeschool Mom and No S returnee as of 11-30-15.
2 years and counting on No-S.
29 lbs. down, 34 to go. Slow and steady wins the race.
Respect Moderation