Everyday Systems
Home * Discussion Home
No S Diet * Shovelglove * Urban Ranger
HabitCal

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterJoin! It's free and easy. 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Preseason Enemy Profile: The Tampa Bay Buccaneers A familiar

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Everyday Systems Forum Index -> Daily Check In
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zhangzk

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2018 7:39 am    Post subject: Preseason Enemy Profile: The Tampa Bay Buccaneers A familiar Reply with quote

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers Cheap Rashaan Evans Jersey , the other quarterback needy team in the 2015 NFL Draft, selected Jameis Winston first overall in that year’s draft, and since then he and Marcus Mariota have been compared nonstop. Now that Winston is missing the first three games of the season to suspension for groping an Uber driver, Ryan Fitzpatrick will start the first three games of the season.With that in mind, we’re going to do things a little differently today. Instead of previewing one specific player ahead of tomorrow night’s matchup, I’m gonna preview the 2018 Buccaneers as a whole.Jameis Winston has been a fascinating player on the field to say the least. He has the ability to make outstanding plays outside of the structure and is often creative when running out of the pocket. His pocket movement is also really good, and he is capable of great stretches of play, as we saw in the last quarter of the season. He’s also capable of poor stretches of play, however, seen in his inconsistency as a decision making, and as a downfield passer he leaves too many plays on the field (though from my understanding, his downfield accuracy improved in the last 4 games of 2017).The Buccaneers picked up the fifth-year option in Winston’s contract, but when he returns from suspension, he’s going to need to prove that he can stay on the field and be the Buccaneers’ franchise quarterback. His errant accuracy spoils not just his potential, but also the potential of the weapons around him.Tampa Bay arguably has the best receiving corps in the league. Mike Evans is a phenomenal player with fantastic 1 on 1 ball skills. The issue is, along with DeSean Jackson, Winston was constantly missing him last year. Jackson has been one of the league’s premier vertical receivers for a long time, but reports out of Tampa are suggesting that second-year receiver Chris Godwin will take his spot outside by the start of the season. Godwin is an electrifying route runner with great toughness as the catch point, so this isn’t surprising.This makes Adam Humphries’ role an unknown, but he enjoyed a career year in 2017. Then there’s the tight end duo of Cameron Brate and O.J. Howard. Brate has developed into a fantastic receiving tight end while Howard flashed who he could become in his rookie season. In the backfield, Peyton Barber is reportedly the starter. I don’t know much about Barber, other than he has surprisingly really good patience as a runner. Ronald Jones II looks like he could be the future in Tampa, though, and Charles Sims is a decent third-down back.The Buccaneers’ vertical heavy passing game isn’t made better by the offensive line. While this isn’t a bottom tier unit, it’s not particularly good either. Left Guard Ali Marpet is certainly a bright spot, and Donavan Smith at left tackle isn’t horrendous, but this unit needs to be better schemed in order to protect longer when the quarterback is required to hold the ball, and that’s been an issue with Dirk Koetter. On the opposite side of the ball, Buccaneers fans have been hyping up the improved defense, but I don’t think it’s anywhere near a top 10 defense. The defensive line was atrocious last year, and did get better with the signings of Jason-Pierre Paul http://www.titanscheapshops.com/cheap-authentic-josh-kline-jersey , Vinny Curry and the drafting of Vita Vea, but these guys that work more as depth pieces instead of explosive starters, with Vea likely needing a while to develop. Still, Gerald McCoy remains one of the league’s top defensive tackles, and could very well be on his way to Canton.The secondary isn’t inspiring. Vernon Hargreaves is at his best as a slot corner, but has largely been a disappointment in his first two seasons. Brent Grimes is getting up there in age and isn’t the same player he once was earlier in his career (comes with the age). Justin Evans, a 2nd rounder in 2017, is expected to start in 2018, but Chris Conte should not be starting. I’d also like to see what corners Carlton Davis and MJ Stewart can do in their rookie seasons too.Overall, the offense is loaded with receiver talent and should see a better run game, but I don’t think the defense will be good. And with Winston missing the first three games of the season, Tampa Bay could very well be penciled in for an 0-3 start. That’s not good when you consider the other three NFC South teams have more talented rosters and better quarterbacks. The Buccaneers and Titans play Saturday night at 7 p.m. Central Time.The five most important players on the Titans (excluding Marcus Mariota) Without hesitation, Marcus Mariota is the most important player on the Tennessee Titans. Without him, the Titans are not a playoff team in 2017. Since quarterback is the most important position in football, for this article we’re doing things a little differently. This will take a look at who I consider to be the five most important non-quarterback pieces for the Titans. The order of the countdown will go from five to one, and remember that this is just my opinion.So with that said, let’s get the countdown started.5.
Dion LewisChristopher Hanewinckel-USA TODAY SportsYou could insert Derrick Henry into this spot and I would not disagree. But I feel that Dion Lewis is a little more important going into the 2018 season because he adds a new dimension to the Titans offense.Dion Lewis is more than just a third down back. He’s a guy you can trust to churn through tiny gaps on run plays, making him a quality runner in addition to a quality receiver. And as a receiver, you have all sorts of uses for Lewis, which greatly enhances your game plan if you’re an offensive coordinator. Lewis has the quickness to give him the edge while stemming his routes, the vision to find the tiniest of holes and exploiting them (let’s be mature, here), and is also a quality blockingback. Simply put, Lewis adds all sorts of options to the Titans offense, hence his spot on this list.4. Kevin ByardChristopher Hanewinckel-USA TODAY SportsAfter experiencing a breakout sophomore year (where he was named First Team All-Pro by the Associated Press), free safety Kevin Byard has cemented himself as the bread and butter of the Titans secondary.Byard led all safeties in both interceptions (Cool and pass disruptions (16). While some of his interceptions came on a stroke of luck, Byard’s coverage skills, ball skills and vision all took a big step up, and he established himself as arguably the best young safety in football. His interception on Deshaun Watson in week 4 is a perfect example of his ball skills and ability to undercut the target.Byard is earning a little less than $4 million from his rookie contract. To get his high level of play from that amount of money is tremendous value for the Titans, and I’m convinced he still has more to show in 2018. 3. Delanie WalkerJay Biggerstaff-USA TODAY SportsDelanie Walker was a home run free agent signing for the Titans back in 2013, and that was done on a four-year $17.5 million contract. He’s given Tennessee extremely high tight end production as a result Cheap Will Compton Jersey , putting up 356 receptions for 4,156 yards and 26 touchdowns, while being named to three consecutive Pro Bowls.Walker’s hands took a step down in 2017, but he was (still) just about the only receiver the Titans had that could consistently create separation. His chemistry with Marcus Mariota has also been noted, as they’ve connected for 12 touchdowns since 2015. In a new scheme, Walker should have a bounce back year. He’s 33 years old, but he’s also managed to stay relatively healthy, and I don’t see why he can’t have another Pro Bowl caliber season.2. Taylor LewanChristopher Hanewinckel-USA TODAY SportsThe highest paid offensive lineman in the NFL, Taylor Lewan, simply put, is the bread and butter of the Titans offensive line. Lewan’s refined technique as a pass blocker has helped give Mariota many clean pockets, and he is equally as impressive in the run game. As the left tackle to a right-handed quarterback, Lewan protects Mariota’s blind side, making it easier for the quarterback to adjust to pressure and survey his reads down the field. Tennessee’s offensive line simply isn’t the same without Lewan, but then again that’s pretty obvious. 1. Jurrell CaseyKirby Lee-USA TODAY SportsWith exception to Marcus Mariota, no player on the Titans is more important than star defensive tackle Jurrell Casey.You can line up Casey as a 3-tech and he’s phenomenal. You can put him in the A-gap, B-gap or C-gap and he’d overwhelm the lineman on the opposite side of the ball. He’s extremely explosive off of the snap, can control the speed of his jabs with relative ease, and he’s a monster as both a pass rusher and run stopper.The reason I have Casey as the most important non-quarterback on the Titans’ roster is simple. The Titans have made an effort to haul in younger defensive talent, snagging Harold Landry and Rashaan Evans from the same draft, drafting cornerback Adoree Jackson in 2017, and signing Malcolm Butler from New England. Instead of being a defense intent on rebuilding, with Jurrell Casey, the defense suddenly looks like it can be a top 15 unit. Casey makes the jobs of those around him on the defensive front much easier because of his versatility. He’s been rewarded by his high quality play with three consecutive Pro Bowl appearances as well, a testament to his value for Tennessee’s defense.So, those are my five most valuable non-quarterbacks on the Titans. With that said, who are your picks, and why?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Everyday Systems Forum Index -> Daily Check In All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: