Everyday Systems
Home * Discussion Home
No S Diet * Shovelglove * Urban Ranger
HabitCal

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterJoin! It's free and easy. 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Alene's No-S Adventure

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Everyday Systems Forum Index -> Daily Check In
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alene1

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 1:56 pm    Post subject: Alene's No-S Adventure Reply with quote

I've read about No-S several times through the years but after considering it I would always decide that I like snacks and sweets too much to commit! But as I have gotten older and tried it all, I want to give this a real try. I want more peace and freedom with food. If I can find a way to get to a healthy weight without counting calories and thinking about food all the time, I will be very happy. I also struggle with binge eating. Normalizing my relationship and behavior with food is a huge part of wanting to do this.

My biggest concern is eating enough food at lunch to fill me up till dinner. My lunch break is at noon and then I have class until 7:20. I know I'll experience some hunger, but I also know I won't die if I get hungry! Laughing Learning to accept that it's normal and okay to get hungry between meals is also going to be a challenge. But I love the feeling of eating a meal when you're good and hungry, and everything tastes delicious!

So, here we go!
Dalia negra

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck alene1 !! You will see how you love No S! Smile
Tombo

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Alene Very Happy

I hope it all goes well for you, I just started last week so I am quite new to actually doing No S but like you I have known of it for a while
alene1

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dalia and Tombo, thank you for coming by to cheer me on. Very Happy

My first day went really well. I had some hunger between lunch and dinner but it was very doable. Before bed the same but again, it wasn't bad at all. Knowing that snacking wasn't an option was actually really freeing. I just did my thing and went to bed and really didn't struggle.

I used to do some intermittent fasting, and I remember that after realizing that hunger comes in waves and then passes, I knew this was doable. Yesterday confirmed that the fear of hunger is actually worse than feeling a little hunger! The saying, "hunger is not an emergency," has been really helpful as well. It's normal to feel hunger between meals. What's not normal is feeling the need to eat at every little twinge. Years of doing IE on and off kind of messed up my thinking on that front, but this common sense approach makes way more sense, and is in alignment with the way people have traditionally eaten for centuries.

On to day 2. It was fun last night thinking about what I would have for dinner. Thinking that I could have rice or other grain, or a potato, or anything that wasn't sweet, was a little strange! But strange in a great way. It's fun to have this freedom with some fences around it. I need the structure. I think this will be just the right amount of structure for me. Feeling good!
Soprano

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You seem to have grasped the concepts well. It is very freeing.

Good luck Smile

Jx

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Everyday Systems Forum Index -> Daily Check In All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: