Everyday Systems
Home * Discussion Home
No S Diet * Shovelglove * Urban Ranger
HabitCal

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterJoin! It's free and easy. 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

milczar's check in
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Everyday Systems Forum Index -> Daily Check In
View previous topic :: View next topic  
joasia

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I need to correct some of my damaging behavior as of late:

start walk regularly, not sporadically
cut out the sugar, soda, candy, etc.
cut out the snacking on junk food chips, etc
eat at home more and eat out less, especially fast food
stick to water, tea, and coffee

I have let these bad habits slip into my daily routine, and no doubt this is why I have gained about 10 pounds

I know what to do, I just need to do it
joasia

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So today I packed a homemade lunch

roast pork tenderloin with mushrooms, mashed sweet potato, green beans roasted with olive oil and balsamic vinegar, sauteed beets, potato salad

also I have green vegetable juice (kale, spinach, etc), balckberries, and banana

didn't have breakfast because I really over did it last night and I am not going to force feed myself.

onward
joasia

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

success!

yesterday:

B = 1 oz. goldfish crackers, 1 cup black berries, 1 banana, coffee black, water, vitamins

L = pork tenderloin with mushrooms, sweet potato, beets, green beans, potato salad, 1 square Ghiradelli chocolate caramel

D = large chunk of spaghetti with marinara sauce and mozzella, 1 15 oz. green juice (kale, spinach, cucumber, etc.), 1 tangerine

walked 1 mile at work around the track and 4 miles after work
no alcohol
joasia

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think one of the hallmarks of success is eating at home more and homemade meals. Unless you live near a whole foods market or some organic health food restaurant type place, regular fast food and restaurant chains are just not that healthy. And yes I know some offer "healthier" options and yes I know it's convenient, and yes it tastes great, and yes sometimes you can't help it because you are attending a birthday, anniversary, etc. dinner. I love eating out. But I know that eating at home is so much better: smaller portions, you can control the quality of ingredients, less fat and calories, less SALT (that is a biggie, even "healthy" options at restaurants tend to have a lot of salt), more sugar, etc. so my current goal is to cook and eat at home more. I have been eating out at least once a day and that is part of the issue
joasia

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

B = 1 banana, coffee black, 2 hard boiled eggs, one toast with butter

L = pork loin with mushrooms, beets, green beans, sweet potato, potato salad, 2 tangerines, 15 oz. green juice

D = tba maybe turkey tacos with spinach, salsa, avocado, onions, corn tortillas, lentil and vegetable soup
joasia

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

B = 1 banana, coffee black, 2 hard boiled eggs, 1 slice bread with butter

L = pork tenderloin with mushrooms, sweet potato, beets, green beans, potato salad, 15 oz. green juice, 2 tangerines, 1 dinner french roll with brie cheese

D = 1 cup blueberries, 2 turkey, bean, and spinach soft homemade tacos with corn tortillas, salsa, 1 avocado, and green onions, venti passion iced tea with no sugar from starbucks

walked 5 miles, 1 at work and 4 after work
Merry

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, I think it's easier to stay on track if eating out is kept to a minimum. Keep up the good work!

28.5 lbs. down, 34.5 to go. Slow and steady wins the race.

"...slim cultures...value not overeating. They don't eat more of a food just because it's good. They enjoy the food more."--Oolala
joasia

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

joasia

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

joasia

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what is it about work that irritates me and makes me stress eat? Some people have told me that everybody's job is stressful, but I guess I can't help wondering if the grass is greener elsewhere
worth it

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joasia,

I wanted to stop by and say hello and that I think you are doing amazing, even though it probably doesn't feel like it today. Even though I've recently just begun posting again, your thread is one I read often and is so inspiring to me because its a true and real account of all of your successes and struggles. It reminds me to keep putting one foot in front of the other and over time, I will see progress- like you have!

In the meantime, I truly hope work gets better for you. It's an awful feeling to work somewhere you don't like to be. Sad
joasia

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

B = thai food leftovers crab fried rice, coffee black

L = tba

D = tba
joasia

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks worth it

your words of encouragement are so nice to hear - I have worked here for 15 years and have hated it. But I feel stuck. I want to find some new hope that I can find a job that I don't feel hopeless at
worth it

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joasia,

Ugh. 15 years is a lot of time to invest somewhere, especially where you are feeling stuck. I hope I'm not being intrusive as I write this, but I'm guessing it's either one of two things:
1. Your position is no longer energizing you- that is, you likely spend most of your time performing duties that are not suited to your strengths. -OR-
2. You don't share the same values as your company anymore. Having recently gone through something like this (I wasn't at my old company for nearly as long), I realized that I simply didn't share the same values that my company did. For instance, they valued (and rewarded) aggressive, jerk-like behavior, while I value composed, logical and reason-driven behavior.

The good news: If it's number 1, then you have a fighting chance to fix that "stuck" feeling. You can talk with your manager ask if you can change up some of your duties that play to your strengths. (Easier said than done, but I've seen it happen before)
The bad news: If it's number 2, then you will need to move onto a company that aligns more closely with your values. This is obviously more of a challenge, but it will be the only way you can feel "un" stuck again.

Anyway, no response to this message is necessary, but I am hoping hearing an outside perspective could help you work through your feelings around feeling so stuck at work. GOOD LUCK on whatever you decide to do (even if it's nothing right now).
joasia

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, all of my education and experience is focused in one area. and at this point in my life I would have to start all over again. So I do feel stuck. It would be helpful if I felt some hope
joasia

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

not the best breakfast but

1/2 a breakfast burrito with no meat (eggs, cheese, hashbrowns, taco sauce, tortilla)
1/2 a cake doughnut
1/2 a cream filled doughnut
milk
Brocky

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:28 pm    Post subject: I get it=job wise Reply with quote

Hi just saying hi, I understand the difficulties you mention about your job. I to have worked at the same place for 15 years and some days I have been so stressed I just eat and eat to try to cheer myself up or sometimes I think as a punishment if I feel I haven't done a good enough job or have made a poor decision. I think about leaving but scared of trying something new. I would only be able to stay in same industry. Here I am again today after having a rough day-subject to an investigation from a disgruntled x employee-I have been subject to these things before and it is distressing seems as a manager for fodder for people's wrath and they can write what they like and then you have to defend your position. Anyway apologies for venting just wanted to share that I get how hard it can be and can derail good efforts regarding eating-but I guess what I am thinking is cannot stop people causing us stress it is our personal response and how to deal with it is all we have at our disposal. I keep saying to myself "yes this is horrid" but overeating will not alter what has happened and this to will pass. Good luck with your journey
joasia

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yesterday was not good

candy, chocolate, sugary drinks, fast food, no walk, ugh, not happy with myself about that - but today is a new day
joasia

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad I didn't gain from yesterday, I ate fast food, sugar, junk, and didn't walk. I brought my own lunch today and am planning to walk at work and after work. I want to at least get back down to the 180s if not the 170s before the holidays
joasia

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

B = large French roll, brie cheese, 2 large tangerines, coffee black

L = few bites of sweet potatoes, 1/2 c potato salad, 1 boneless/skinless chicken thigh, roasted brussel sprouts and carrots, 1 oz. chili cheese fritos, 2 oz. blueberries

D = tba
joasia

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

walked 5 miles and did leg/chair exercises

B= coffee black, large french roll with brie cheese, 2 large tangerines

L = few bites of sweet potato, 1/2 cup potato salad, one chicken thigh boneless/skinless with sauce, roasted brussel sprouts and carrots, 1 oz chili frito chips, 2 oz. blueberries (all measurements are estimates)

D = chicken noodle soup, 2 hard boiled eggs, one toast with butter, one 15 oz. green juice
joasia

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

B = 1 turkey and bean taco on corn tortilla with spinach, 1/2 an avocado, and salsa, 15 oz. green juice, 1 large tangerine, 1 venti unsweetened green tea from starbucks

L = another taco same as above with the other avocado half, 1 toast with peanut butter and strawberry jam, 1 banana, 1 large tangerine

D = tba

walk tba
joasia

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

joasia

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RAWCOOKIE

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep going Joasia....... you're going in the right direction.

I go back to work tomorrow after annual leave of 17 days in all - I'm not relishing the thought. At home, I've found it much easier to just eat my meals and not want anything in between - at work I'm often 'waiting' for my lunch-time to arrive, or looking forward to getting home for dinner and hyper aware of the food being eaten around me. A lot of eating, or wanting to eat, at work seems to come from stress. For me, I think it's the feeling of being trapped at work......I have to stay there, working, until the end of my shift.

I've worked at this job for 10 yrs now........ I'm quite low-paid too (support worker), but I do think that most 'jobs' end up feeling the same. I don't hate my work, but I am tired of it! I don't see anything out there (I'm 62) which would be viable to change to, and/or suitable for me. So - reckon I'm stuck too.........

In the meantime, nice packed meals help! Smile

13.6.15 124.25lbs
1.3.17 112.25lbs
joasia

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

your weight seems perfect Rawcookie! Although I don't know your height
joasia

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

joasia

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

joasia

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

B = denver omlette, hash browns, ketchup, two slices white toast with margarine, coffee black
Whosonfirst

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

joasia wrote:

B = denver omlette, hash browns, ketchup, two slices white toast with margarine, coffee black

That sounds good and I don't even know what's in it. Omelettes are good at any meal, imo.
joasia

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tobiasmom

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:24 am    Post subject: Hey Reply with quote

Check you out!!! Great job, Girl 👍👍👍😛
joasia

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately I can't take credit for it. Twas the flu
joasia

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

walked 3 miles

going to try to eat reasonably
joasia

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

185. something

B = pack of sandwich cheese crackers (6), minestrone soup, green tea no sugar

L = 2 baked chicken legs, brown rice with asparagus, broccoli with bread crumbs, blueberries

D = not sure, overate yesterday

goal : walk today after work
joasia

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

haven't weighed myself

B = 2 pancakes with syrup, eggs scrambled, 2 bacon strips, ketchup, tea black (didn't eat everything)

L = grilled turkey and cheese melt sandwich, 6 peanut butter and cheese sandwich crackers, 1 lollipop

D = 2 roast chicken legs, brown rice with asparagus, broccoli with bread crumbs, blueberries
joasia

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

192.9 yeah it wasn't pretty this morning. But I have been eating everything in sight Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. Super stress eating. But today I have decided to take control again. There is nothing worse than feeling out of control with eating. My plan is to eat well and walk after work. Already did my leg exercises. I am not happy with this weigh in, but I can only blame myself for the out of control eating
joasia

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no. alc.
walk?

-6 peanut butter sandwich cookies
-one small lollipop
-glass of orange soda
- 1 orange
-ham and turkey sub sandwich
-rice
-nachos with sour cream and salsa
-salad with dressing
-lasagna

I think that is it
joasia

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yesterday I didn't eat so well at all. there was a potluck at work and I indulged on junk food. And I didn't walk. But today is a new day. Hopefully, I will get off work early so that I can do my walk. packed my lunch for work, although after yesterdays binge, I'm not really hungry for breakfast, so I may skip it or move it up to further in the morning like 10
joasia

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yesterday, i had a decent eating day. I ate 3 meals, no snacks or sweets. I walked 3 miles. Then, evening came. I binged. Why are evenings so killer? I have no problems until evenings. When I just have the urge to stress eat. I guess I let all the worries of the day dance away in my head, and that is when the stress eating begins.

Well today is a new day yet again - 188.9 is what the scale said. My goal is to walk at least 3 miles again, maybe 4

B = went to a diner: 2 strips of bacon, about 2 scrambled eggs, ketchup, two pancakes with margarine and syrup, coffee black

L and dinner tba

I still want to get back down to the 170s instead of hovering in the high 180s/190. My clothes fit better and I feel better and my health reading (blood pressure) are better
joasia

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

joasia

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

joasia

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

still struggling
joasia

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

joasia

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

joasia

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

overate yesterday
joasia

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well today was not a great eating day, but I did do my stair exercises and I plan to walk after work. so onward

b = 2 donuts, one cake with white frosting and sprinkles, one filled with vanilla cream and chocolate icing, 10 oz. of milk, I didn't finish all of the donuts or milk, tea plain

L = chicken enchilada verde casserole homemade

D - Farmer boys, turkey bacon melt without the bacon, fried zuccini with ranch, ate one and a half pieces, they are big, large regular coke
joasia

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yesterday I walked 3 miles and did my step exercises. But I stress ate like crazy, which I am not proud of. My fight with emotional eating is real and ongoing. And I am in its grips right now. But I am not giving up
joasia

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

B = egg mcmuffin no canadian bacon, 1 slice of bbq chicken pizza, 15 oz. green juice

L = tba

D = tba
joasia

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

B = one slice bbq chicken pizza, egg mcmuffin with no canadian bacon, 15 oz green vegetable juice

L = pasta with marinara sauce and mozzerella, 2 tangerines, 1 cup blueberries and blackberries

D = tba

going to try to walk after work
joasia

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

191.2 or 191.8 can't remember

yesterday I walked my 3 miles after work, but overate in the evening, evenings remain a challenge
joasia

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I need to get back in control
joasia

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yesterday I didn't make healthy eating choices, but I did stick to three meals with no snacking or sweets. and I didn't binge in the evening which has been my greatest problem. and i walked 4 miles

B = famous star with cheese from carl's jr. tea unsweetened

L = fast food jack in the box spicy chicken sandwich and 3 egg rolls with sweet and sour sauce, ice tea

D = large plate of rigatoni with marinara sauce and lots of cheese, a slice of cheese for me and some tortilla chips with cheese dip

walked 4 laps on the track at work and 3 miles after work
joasia

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

today off to a better start:

B = 2 large soft boiled eggs, 1 toast with butter, 3 small tangerines, coffee black

L = brown rice, black beans, fejon meat, green juice, blueberries
joasia

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

joasia

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

joasia

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

B = 1 oz. tortilla chips, 1 avocado, salsa

L = 2 hard boiled eggs, 1 toast with butter, 1 cup blueberries

D = large bowl of homemade tomato soup with sour cream and noodles, grilled ham and cheese sandwich, 1 bone in pork chop with pepper jelly

26 step ups, walked 4 miles
joasia

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will take it. I've been struggling lately. Haven't weighed myself for a while. I thought it would be a lot worse.
oolala53

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to see you're still around but sorry it's such a struggle. Are there any mods you're considering, or does that sound too restrictive?

There is no S better than Vanilla No S.
joasia

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know what I need to do, but I have been choosing to stress eat instead of doing the right things. My way of dealing with stress is excess, and that is the main problem
oolala53

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel ya. It used to be my go-to habit, too. Now I end up on here or another site on the same issue. For a "whole" life, I know it's not the best stress remedy. It's actually just a different binge. But it has kept me from eating.

Hope you find some strength to resist the food when stressed. It will be hard at first, but you'll never regret sticking to your meals.

joasia

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yesterday 193. something, today 192.9-193

B = 2 slices leftover pizza, tea, 3 small pieces of sour candy

L = 2 slices leftover pizza, 3 tangerines

D = 1 hot dog, 2 handfuls of tortilla chips with salsa and guacamole (1 avocado), about an ounce of cheese, orange juice, 2 spoonfuls of tasting while cooking

walked 5 miles

Today

B =peanut butter and jelly sandwich, reduced fat milk

L = braised boneless skinless chicken thigh with rice, carrots, mushroom, broccoli, green juice, one banana, 3 tangerines
joasia

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am still working on getting a handle on my weight. I know I have been overeating and not walking. It has been really hot, the good thing is that it is almost summer vacation and I will be able to walk mornings
joasia

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whosonfirst

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice progress.
ladybird30

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to see you back again Joasia. I admire your persistence.
Ladybird.
oolala53

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to hear from you again. Kudos on the drop in weight!

joasia

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My most difficult time of day is after 3 p.m. I am so used to sitting on the couch watching t.v. and snacking. Even though I eat a good hearty breakfast and lunch. But I am going to try to power through. some of it is hunger - but most of it is stress and emotional/comfort eating. I comfort myself with food.
oolala53

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is my difficult time, too, though I'm not at home. I

joasia

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yesterday I did good until dinner. Ate breakfast and lunch, no snacking, no sweets, no sweet drinks or juice. But then around 4 p.m. I lost it. I don't know what it is about the afternoon. Well today is a new day

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Everyday Systems Forum Index -> Daily Check In All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11
Page 11 of 11

Jump to: