Everyday Systems
Home * Discussion Home
No S Diet * Shovelglove * Urban Ranger
HabitCal

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterJoin! It's free and easy. 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Didn't see anywhere...Leaning Tower (Tree in the Gale?)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Everyday Systems Forum Index -> Shovelglove Moves
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Huffdogg

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:08 am    Post subject: Didn't see anywhere...Leaning Tower (Tree in the Gale?) Reply with quote

I was looking for something to engage my lateral and oblique abdominal muscles more, and stole this from a medicine ball workout I saw using a similar principle. You simply hold the sledge overhead, with fully extended arms. Have your arms spread as far apart as is comfortable, ideally with one hand right next to the head of the hammer and the other at the far end of the handle. Then simply lean to one side and raise yourself back to straight, being sure to consciously engage your obliques in the motion. I only did 10 reps each side and I felt more burn in my abdominals than I have with any other shugg movement so far.
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.
reinhard
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds intriguing! I'll give it a try on my "freestyle friday."

Now to think of a manual labor analog...

Reinhard
Huffdogg

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah...I've been working on that. Nothing so far, though Crying or Very sad
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.
Mika_Onida

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holding the sail rope? (I know nothing of sailing)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Everyday Systems Forum Index -> Shovelglove Moves All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: