Everyday Systems
Home * Discussion Home
No S Diet * Shovelglove * Urban Ranger
HabitCal

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterJoin! It's free and easy. 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I suppose this is as good a place for an introduction as any

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Everyday Systems Forum Index -> No S Diet Testimonials (aka "yearly check in")
View previous topic :: View next topic  
He>mE

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:04 pm    Post subject: I suppose this is as good a place for an introduction as any Reply with quote

I'm not sure how I stumbled across No S, not even exactly sure when. I remember my wife and family looking at me like I was nuts the first time, and most people I mention it to think in going to replace "conds" with "x" when I say No Sweets, no Snacks, No Seconds... Wink

That said, I've been a vanilla since near the end of July (Like I said, I don't remember exactly when I started, just my first 'hey this might actually work, get a before number' moment. It wasn't as hard as I expected it to be, but unlike most, the sweets and snacks aren't my downfall. It was the seconds.

That said, I'm consistently loosing a pound a week, and not even trying. (I mean, it doesn't feel like a diet) Sure some days I'm hungry, and its hard to resist temptation, but I do. I actually weigh what my drivers license says I do. *pulls out wallet and checks* correction, I now weigh less than my drivers license says I do. I don't remember the last time I was sub 200#, but it sure feels good. I do weekly 'official' recorded weigh ins, with frequent steps on the scale to keep up my motivation, and to remind me that I can blow the benefit of 5 N days in a single S day, if I don't watch it.

My kids are quite pleased to remind me it is an N day, or an S day, and seem to have taken to the system quite well. They can even explain it to people. I'm somewhat surprise (although I shouldn't be) how much difference watching what I eat has made. One of these days I'm going to start exercising too, just to see what happens Smile I do do TKD with my son once a week, so I'm talking daily exercise. One habit at a time.
Too solid flesh

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome, He>mE, and congratulations! That is great news.
reinhard
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome, He>mE!

Quote:
most people I mention it to think in going to replace "conds" with "x"

This is, of course, a secret subliminal marketing ploy I embedded in the rules. Smile

Quote:
I now weigh less than my drivers license says I do.

I hope you realize that this is probably messing up the police's whole formula of adding 10%. Smile

Quote:
My kids are quite pleased to remind me it is an N day, or an S day, and seem to have taken to the system quite well. They can even explain it to people.

Imagine that, a diet kids can understand, explain (and even get a bit of a kick out of).

Quote:
One habit at a time.

Yes, the slower you can force yourself to go, the more likely you are to succeed. Think of it as habit-tai-chi.

Congratulations and thanks for letting us know!

Reinhard
He>mE

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure if you post enough spam, you will probably loose weight...

as for me, I've reached the 10% goal. I've officially lost 21 pounds. I seem to have slowed down a bit from my 1# a week. Looks like I will need to start exercising now.
reinhard
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations, He>mE! (and sorry for the delayed response)

Quote:
I'm sure if you post enough spam, you will probably loose weight...

I don't know about that, but you will get your account deleted. Smile

(note to the baffled: this is in reference to a spam post which no longer exists)

Reinhard

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Everyday Systems Forum Index -> No S Diet Testimonials (aka "yearly check in") All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: