Everyday Systems
Home * Discussion Home
No S Diet * Shovelglove * Urban Ranger
HabitCal

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterJoin! It's free and easy. 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Five, count 'em, five years of NoS (and still loving it!)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Everyday Systems Forum Index -> No S Diet Testimonials (aka "yearly check in")
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vmsurbat

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:07 pm    Post subject: Five, count 'em, five years of NoS (and still loving it!) Reply with quote

Woohoo! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

I wish I had great (new) words of wisdom to share, but at five years, I think it has all been said.

Here is last year's testimony with links to previous years: http://www.everydaysystems.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=8821

So, What did year 5 hold for me?

1. I've maintained my 55+ lbs weight loss while enjoying every holiday, every S day, and every N day as well! This enjoyment of the daily meals is one of the best features of NoS---not that we get treats but that we get to eat good food, real food, enjoyable, delicious food EVERY day.

2. If you read my fourth year testimony, you'll see that I wanted to get a treadmill desk. That didn't work out, but I did make a stand-up desk. No change in weight, but since my ultimate goal is good health, I'm keeping it. Maybe this year will be the year to invest in a treadmill, though I doubt it with three kids in college this year.... Smile

3. I did keep track of my weight via daily tracking and moving trend for the whole year. I'm giving that up--I now know that my weight fluctuates 3 pounds easily, weekly/monthly, and for no apparent rhyme or reason.

4. While tracking a daily weight didn't derail me, it didn't help me keep my focus where it should be: on keeping my NoS habits up, focusing on just one meal, the next meal, at a time. I believe this is another wonderful key feature of NoS--NoS success is just one meal away.

Some stats for those who aren't going to look back through past posts: I'm an older (50+), shorter (5'2"), female with hypothyroid issues. I've lost 55+ pounds (probably more, but we've changed scales a few times so it is hard to say exactly), and am now in normal BMI range. I'd love to lose another 5 pounds, but since I'm a strictly vanilla NoS gal, I have yet to find a healthy, sustainable way to lost those last five pounds. I lose no sleep over this; NoS has done more for me (and family and friends) than I ever imagined...

I'm off to change my signature, but let me say one more time:

Thank you, Reinhard, for sharing NoS with the world!
gratefuldeb67

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

way to go vicki!!!
DaveMc

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My turn to congratulate you! That's terrific.
eschano

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are a great inspiration! Fantastic! Thanks for sharing and for still checking in on the boards!

July 2012- January 2016
Started again July 2018
reinhard
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vicki,

Congratulations, again! As I say every time an "old timer" posts another yearly update, these "maintenance testimonials" are my favorite kind. At at year five, this is among the best of the best. How few "dieters" ever make it that far.

Thanks also for continuing to provide details as to what works, and just as much, what didn't quite work. The process, as much as the details themselves, is very instructive.

Best of luck in year 6 and beyond!

Reinhard
finallyfull

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much for continuing to post! You will help many people, including me, to believe that sanity is actually a good idea.
NoSRocks

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MANY CONGATULATIONS ON YOUR CONTINUED SUCCESS! AWESOME!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Weight loss to date: 43 lbs
emmay

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonderful! Thank you.
joasia

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I need this inspiration right now, have been stuck at the same weight for months and it is very frustrating. I lost at first, but now feel stuck
oolala53

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm browsing, and saw this. Congrats and Happy New Year!
Jan/12-26.8
Mar/13-24.9 Stayed at +/- 8-lb. for three years Sept/17 22.8 (but more fluctuation)
Mar/18 22.2

There is no S better than Vanilla No S.
ironchef

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, just amazing work! Thanks for still making the time to stop by the message boards.
Redrockin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is so wonderful to find this success story from an older, shorter woman like me, thank you! It makes me think I can also be successful.
vmsurbat

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Redrockin wrote:
It is so wonderful to find this success story from an older, shorter woman like me, thank you! It makes me think I can also be successful.

It *is* possible. And enjoyable! Which is why I can still do this after all these years. Very Happy

Looking forward to YOUR testimonial,
automatedeating

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vicki,
Just have to say that I reread all your testimonials today and they were just the encouragement I'm needing right now. Thank you for your example. Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Everyday Systems Forum Index -> No S Diet Testimonials (aka "yearly check in") All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: