Thanksgiving SSSS Day!!!

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

joasia

Thanksgiving SSSS Day!!!

Post by joasia » Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:32 pm

Happy Thanksgiving SSSSSSS Day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! To all who celebrate!

I made everything from scratch including the turkey stock, but the pumpkin pie and whipped cream were store bought this year

Menu:

bacon deviled eggs, 23 pound turkey, gravy, glazed ham with red pepper jelly, creamed corn, mashed potatoes, balsamic roasted brussel sprouts and carrots, cucumber salad, bread stuffing with onions, celery, garlic and sage/other herbs, rum cranberry sauce, all from scratch - nothing from a can or box, except the pumpkin pie and whipped cream (this year)

I spend so much time running around on my feet cooking, that I actually don't eat too much when I host.
The destiny of nations depends on the manner in which they feed themselves. Jean-Anthelme Brillat-Savarin

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Fri Nov 29, 2013 2:04 am

Happy Thanksgiving to all in the US.

We also had a completely homemade dinner. Best yet for me, my daughter cooked it all. I took some crescent rolls.

I'll be having a secondary dinner on Saturday. Sunday I'll be making Thanksgiving Eggs. I've made these previously and they're delicious!
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."