No Point in Dieting?

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

BrightAngel

No Point in Dieting?

Post by BrightAngel » Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:23 pm

Image Is there any point in Dieting? Image
http://www.diethobby.com/blog.php?ax=v&nid=279
BrightAngel - (Dr. Collins)
See: DietHobby. com

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:06 pm

I know you were inviting us to comment on DietHobby, but I'm going to say something here. Statistics for people using drastic means right off the bat to try to lose weight permanently certainly calls such tactics into question. I had liposuction back in 2000 after reading that a study of non-dieting techniques- teaching obese subjects to pay more attention to hunger and satiety and to make an attempt to balance luscious foods with lighter ones- was more successful for sustained weight loss--but what was considered success was keeping off 7 lost pounds! From obese patients!

But I have lost weight since my surgery from a combination of things but they mostly boil down to pretty much what I referred to above. (BTW, no matter how much I want to reinforce finding peace with my body as is, I am still glad I had that surgery.) No S has been a big part, too.

So I think trying to follow some rigid plan from day one is likely pointless, but continuing to look at our eating habits with curiosity and kindness and with an eye towards establishing routines that are reasonable and fair is not only worth it but imperative, not only for individuals, but for society.
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)

BrightAngel

Post by BrightAngel » Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:28 pm

oolala53 wrote:I know you were inviting us to comment on DietHobby, but I'm going to say something here.
Oolala,
It is certainly appropriate to comment here at No S on anything posted here.
I am very interested what you think, and think others here at No S are also interested.
I'm really glad to read your comment.

The benefit of posting also at DietHobby,
is so that others who do not come to the No S forum
can also benefit from your thoughts.
BrightAngel - (Dr. Collins)
See: DietHobby. com