Question from a Newbie

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

funkybrookster

Question from a Newbie

Post by funkybrookster » Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:52 pm

Hello everyone. I started the No S diet on January 3, 2013. I have followed it to the letter with the exception of one "fail" on an N day. In the first week, I lost 5 pounds. Since then, I have fluxated and am mainly staying around the same weight having gained 4 of the 5 pounds back.

Is this normal? Should I modify? Should I just keep on with the habit and hope the weight will start coming off in the long run? I am finding it pretty easy to follow and I don't want to quit, but am disappointed that I have actually only lost 1 pound since I started this whole thing.

Some observations since beginning this diet is that I do find myself becoming fuller faster than before I started the diet and have found that last weekend's S days were far less bingeful than the previous.

I should also mention that I have been doing moderate exercise approximately 3 days a week and am approximately 30 pounds overweight (had a baby 9 months ago).

Does anyone have any advice for me? Thanks so much!

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:10 pm

My guess is that the five pounds you lost initially was water weight and the weight you gained back was also water weight. So, not true weight loss.

Weight loss tends to be slow on No-S. I think it's kind of early for modifications. Just keep on with the habit.
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

funkybrookster

Post by funkybrookster » Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:25 pm

Thank you. I appreciate your reply. I will stick with it.

Blithe Morning

Post by Blithe Morning » Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:39 pm

A pound or two a month is about normal on No S till you hit a point of equilibrium. The thing is, No S is not fast. It's not always easy at the beginning. But eventually, it does become habit, unlike the other ways of managing your eating. Over time, those often become harder because you become tired of your options or burned out on tracking. There are some great testimonials about people who have lived through some bumpy periods in their lives with No S and did not gain any weight despite huge disruptions and stress.