floating meal time

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

joasia

floating meal time

Post by joasia » Wed Dec 27, 2006 6:40 pm

My meal times move around quite a bit. But I always stick to 3 per day. For example, when I am at work it is very set: Breakfast 7:00, Lunch 11:40, Dinner 5:00. But when on vacation this changes. Breakfast may be 7a.m. or 10:00 a.m. Dinner maybe 4:00 p.m. or 9:00 p.m. When on vacation there are so many other variables involved. Like dinner dates, or what time you get home from an event. I guess this is ok?
The destiny of nations depends on the manner in which they feed themselves. Jean-Anthelme Brillat-Savarin

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Wed Dec 27, 2006 9:11 pm

Sure it's okay. It's probably not optimum nor ideal at any time (whether or not you're No-sing), but it's the way lives are now.

When I was working, I never had set meal times. The only one I could count on was breakfast because I ate it before I went to work.
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Thu Dec 28, 2006 11:03 am

If it works for you, it's ok by me.

The difficulty is making it work for you. Less routine means less automation which makes no-s a harder, more conscious effort.

But as wosnes says, if it's the best option you have available, then it'll have to do. And if you continue to pull it off, then fantastic. There's no problem at all.

Reinhard

results_not_typical

Post by results_not_typical » Tue Jan 02, 2007 2:50 pm

My meal times change a lot too. I work a variable schedule. It is not too bad because I usually sleep and eat at the same intervals even if it is not at the same time.

JustAnnie

Post by JustAnnie » Sun Jan 07, 2007 5:55 pm

I work at home and sometimes my business phone ringing in the early a.m. will jolt me out of bed and I'm busy faxing and answering questions and sending out info over the Internet for hours, missing breakfast entirely. This might happen a couple of times a month and on those days my first meal is lunch. Since I began "No-S" I have not confronted this problem yet. Should I eat lunch and dinner with a snack in between or have a later mini meal after dinner ? I just don't know. It will be a radical change from my normal days of eating at 9am, 1 pm, and 6pm but can't be helped. Ideas?
Just Annie

You Can't Fail Until You Quit Trying

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Sun Jan 07, 2007 6:08 pm

Why don't you take it on a case-by-case basis? Sometimes you may feel you need the 3rd meal; other times you may not. Obviously, it's not an ideal scenario, but you just do the best you can.

I used to have a similar problem when I was working. Sometimes I couldn't get to lunch or dinner. Some days it wasn't an issue; other days I really needed the meal that I missed.

I think you have to trust yourself and use your best judgement.
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."