shrank another kilo...

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

mrsj

shrank another kilo...

Post by mrsj » Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:33 am

And I'm not very happy about it. I think it's going too fast. This is only day 13!

4 years ago I lost 22 kilos in a little over 4 months. Just like most obese people, I avoided my mirror image like the plague. I had this image of myself as a barrel on 2 feet. When I finally looked in the mirror, I didn't recognize myself. That person just wasn't me! I went into total shock.
Then I started getting panic attacks. Needless to say, I gained 14 of those kilos back to give me a whopping weight of 94 kilos.

Before I found No S I had managed to somehow shed 2 kilos. Today I weigh 90 kilos.

I want to avoid panic attacks in the future which is why I wand to shrink slow and steady.

I'm also thinking-did I really inhale THAT many calories after dinner?
What a pig!

I'm really hoping that my weight reduction slows down. I'm moving a lot more than I used to, but I'm using common sense and not overdoing it.

Another thing-I don't lose weight because I don't ever want to find these kilos again. I reduce my weight or I am shrinking.
Nothing is impossible-only improbable.

BrightAngel

Re: shrank another kilo...

Post by BrightAngel » Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:03 pm

mrsj wrote: I think it's going too fast. This is only day 13!
I'm really hoping that my weight reduction slows down.
Oh, I can Guarantee you that it will.
BrightAngel - (Dr. Collins)
See: DietHobby. com

kccc

Post by kccc » Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:14 pm

BA is right. It's normal to have a big drop at first (and I've even seen a scientific explanation, which I can't replicate for you) and then have it level off.

Most people get discouraged then, but sounds as if that pattern will work for you.

(Though it is amazing how many calories one can take in through snacks!)

Kevin

Re: shrank another kilo...

Post by Kevin » Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:14 pm

If you are significantly overweight, the weight comes off very quickly at first.

By one estimation I made years ago (based on my insulin usage - I'm a diabetic), I calculated that 30% of my all my calories were coming from snacks - in the form of carbohydrate... and that doesn't include the fat and protein calories! I think you could easily have cut out 40% of your calories.

But remember, if you are eating just enough to maintain a good healthy weight, you'll lose weight more slowly as you approach that weight.

Congrats on the great success? How are your legs feeling?
mrsj wrote:And I'm not very happy about it. I think it's going too fast. This is only day 13!

4 years ago I lost 22 kilos in a little over 4 months. Just like most obese people, I avoided my mirror image like the plague. I had this image of myself as a barrel on 2 feet. When I finally looked in the mirror, I didn't recognize myself. That person just wasn't me! I went into total shock.
Then I started getting panic attacks. Needless to say, I gained 14 of those kilos back to give me a whopping weight of 94 kilos.

Before I found No S I had managed to somehow shed 2 kilos. Today I weigh 90 kilos.

I want to avoid panic attacks in the future which is why I wand to shrink slow and steady.

I'm also thinking-did I really inhale THAT many calories after dinner?
What a pig!

I'm really hoping that my weight reduction slows down. I'm moving a lot more than I used to, but I'm using common sense and not overdoing it.

Another thing-I don't lose weight because I don't ever want to find these kilos again. I reduce my weight or I am shrinking.
Kevin
1/13/2011-189# :: 4/21/2011-177# :: Goal-165#
"Respecting the 4th S: sometimes."

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:57 pm

I'm really hoping that my weight reduction slows down.
Don't worry -- it will! (and that's the part most people have trouble handling)

Congratulations and enjoy!

Reinhard

mrsj

Post by mrsj » Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:14 am

Thanks, all. That really puts my mind at ease. I promise you, my plates are loaded at my meals.

Kevin, my legs feel fine, but my knees are a little sore from my urban ranging.
Nothing is impossible-only improbable.