Why is it when you no longer care that's when things happen?

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

gettheweightoff

Why is it when you no longer care that's when things happen?

Post by gettheweightoff » Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:31 am

So I decided to surrender to my current weight. I don't love it but I sort of got so obsessed with it that it became too consuming and in a blinding flash, within 3 weeks of no-s I just lost interest in dieting and trying to be thin.

After a week of binge eating combined with PMS I swear I looked and felt 3-4 months pregnant. 4 days of getting back on track I feel better and less bloated. Could I actually lose this extra weight? Probably, but the feeling of being in control feels so great and is a relief that it feels good enough and makes me feel happier.

Hey, if I lose some weight that will be fantastic but what I'm trying to say is that it just has less importance to me. That desire is sort of like a program running in the back of my computer now. Feeling in control and having freedom over foods and calories is my main screen on a computer if you will and is my primary focus now!

Nicest of the Damned

Post by Nicest of the Damned » Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:39 am

Because, as it says in a song that a guy I dated in college used to like, God has a sick sense of humor.

Kevin

Re: Why is it when you no longer care that's when things hap

Post by Kevin » Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:08 am

Sounds like a good idea to me. You don't win a game by looking at the scoreboard, you win it by perfecting your game. So practice, play well, and let the score take care of itself. At least, I think that's what you are saying.
gettheweightoff wrote:So I decided to surrender to my current weight. I don't love it but I sort of got so obsessed with it that it became too consuming and in a blinding flash, within 3 weeks of no-s I just lost interest in dieting and trying to be thin.

After a week of binge eating combined with PMS I swear I looked and felt 3-4 months pregnant. 4 days of getting back on track I feel better and less bloated. Could I actually lose this extra weight? Probably, but the feeling of being in control feels so great and is a relief that it feels good enough and makes me feel happier.

Hey, if I lose some weight that will be fantastic but what I'm trying to say is that it just has less importance to me. That desire is sort of like a program running in the back of my computer now. Feeling in control and having freedom over foods and calories is my main screen on a computer if you will and is my primary focus now!
Kevin
1/13/2011-189# :: 4/21/2011-177# :: Goal-165#
"Respecting the 4th S: sometimes."