I've got to 21 days - what now?

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Nell1223

I've got to 21 days - what now?

Post by Nell1223 » Sat May 21, 2016 10:51 am

Hi everyone I'm looking for advice etc. I've done 21 days - it's the longest I've kept to any kind of diet or plan (except when I did weightwatcher and lost 30lbs and then puts it back on in 6 months!)
I'm just wondering what to do next - I'm continuing with vanilla no No S - I'm feeling happy and calm about eating. I'd like some ideas and suggestions from all you post 21 day-ers on what you do to make this part of your life

Thanks,
Nell

gingerpie

Post by gingerpie » Sat May 21, 2016 12:24 pm

Hi Nell12,

Congratulations on you success!! Just keep on doing what you are doing. Most of us have days, weeks, or even months of ups and downs. The longer you can keep at it the easier it is to weather the challenges later. Eventually, I think you'll find that what and how much you eat gradually changes but that takes time. For now, I suggest you sit back and enjoy the ride. :wink:

nettee

Post by nettee » Sat May 21, 2016 2:39 pm

Now it is supposed to get easier because 21 days is long enough to start forming a habit. However, if - like me - you feel like you have been holding your breath for 21 days and can now relax then it is when it gets harder.

Do another 21 days if it helps or stop counting if it doesn't.

Get back on the plan if you fall off and keep going.
3 tasty meals a day and loving it

osoniye

Post by osoniye » Sat May 21, 2016 8:54 pm

I like and have been helped by the monthly challenge boards.
Welcome to come check out the "May Challenge" thread!
-Sonya
No Sweets, No Snacks and No Seconds, Except (Sometimes) on days that start with "S".

Nell1223

Post by Nell1223 » Sun May 22, 2016 11:29 am

Thanks for your replies - food for thought ....😀

Merry

Re: I've got to 21 days - what now?

Post by Merry » Mon May 23, 2016 12:23 am

Nell12 wrote:Hi everyone I'm looking for advice etc. I've done 21 days - it's the longest I've kept to any kind of diet or plan (except when I did weightwatcher and lost 30lbs and then puts it back on in 6 months!)
I'm just wondering what to do next - I'm continuing with vanilla no No S - I'm feeling happy and calm about eating. I'd like some ideas and suggestions from all you post 21 day-ers on what you do to make this part of your life

Thanks,
Nell
Congratulations! Good for you! Perhaps the biggest thing to do is to continue thinking about this as a life-long habit. Picture it. Realize how doable it is. Live with it through various circumstances (vacations, holidays, social engagements, and just regular every day life). If you take a few extra special days for something, have a plan to get back on track after that. Post here when you have questions or get discouraged. Use the habitcal to track monthly habits (I find that filling in those little squares still motivates me--I've been filling them in for 6 months!). Join the monthly challenge so that someone else is seeing your calendar, just for the extra accountability.

And as you encounter each new type of circumstance, keep encouraging yourself to think of lifelong, doable habits--not "dieting" but a way of life that's healthy.

I really like NoS because it allows the flexibility to enjoy special days, and there's an ease in getting back on track after those days too.
Homeschool Mom and No S returnee as of 11-30-15.
2 years and counting on No-S.
29 lbs. down, 34 to go. Slow and steady wins the race.
Respect Moderation

Bullisaba

Post by Bullisaba » Mon May 23, 2016 2:38 am

Congratulations!

My No s plan is to keep at it. I have diet head on my s days and I get down on myself on red days so my habit plan is to do my best on n days. My diet head on n days is much better than it was at the start and I figure if I just keep going with no s my relationship with food in general will improve.