Too much food tube time

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Murphysraven

Too much food tube time

Post by Murphysraven » Thu Sep 07, 2006 5:52 pm

In my case, Tube isn't really reffering to eating in front of the TV, it's eating in front of the computer.

I'm trying to make a new rule for myself. No meals in front of the computer, tv, in the car, or with any other distractions (including books!).

I've found my biggest overeating and snacking weakness time is in front of the computer.

I work in front of a computer all day. I'm horrible about getting up in time for breakfast so I end up eating at work, in front of my computer.

Lunch time lately has also been in front of my computer. I got out of the walking at lunch pattern and am trying to get back into the habit.

I am a major MMORPG addict. (computer gaming in laymen's terms) I get home and make a beeline for my computer (hopefully getting a mimimum amount of chores done before hand). And typically I end up, eating dinner in front of the computer.

I seem to have a hard time just making 15 minutes for myself to relax and concetrait on my food. I always seem to need to be stimulated by something (I almost always have a book with me when I take a break at work).

I think part of this habit stems from childhood. We almost always watched tv while eating dinner (Dad loved watching Star trek, I blame him for my geekness).

While I'm not much of a TV fanatic now. I've replaced the tube time with computer time, which is more interactive, but still a danger zone for my eating habits.

I think I finally realized it was a problem when I sat down on a weekend and decided I wanted to treat myself to some pita chips. I was eating them out of the bag (big mistake) and suddenly I realized I had eaten an entire bag, in one sitting, hardly even realizing it, and probably not really enjoying it.

so my new resolution (besides being a little better about following nos), is to make time for myself to eat without the distraction of the digital or literary world. I think it will help me slow down a little and enjoy my food more.
When I asked for all things, so that I may enjoy Life, I was given Life, so that I may enjoy all things.

hlidskjalf

Post by hlidskjalf » Thu Sep 07, 2006 7:48 pm

Burn all, burn everything. Fire is bright and fire is clean.

mstevens

Post by mstevens » Thu Sep 07, 2006 8:44 pm

I'm trying to avoid this for a different reason.

I've realised my keyboards and mice are all either dying quickly or becoming utterly disgusting as they get filled with food :(

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:03 pm

mstevens wrote:I'm trying to avoid this for a different reason.

I've realised my keyboards and mice are all either dying quickly or becoming utterly disgusting as they get filled with food :(
Well with all that food in there, don't be surprised if you get some new mice hanging around! LOL :wink:

Peace and Love,
8) Deb
There is no Wisdom greater than Kindness

Murphysraven

Post by Murphysraven » Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:24 pm

oddly enough I don't actually eat over my keyboard, so I haven't had that problem. And I have yet to spill something on my keyboard *knocks on wood*

cute picture hlidskjalf. I am a World of Warcraft addict but I don't play an elf :P
When I asked for all things, so that I may enjoy Life, I was given Life, so that I may enjoy all things.