First real test

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Toro

First real test

Post by Toro » Fri Sep 29, 2006 2:06 pm

Last night a friend had a poker tournament at his place and I was invited. Whenever he has these things there is tons of food, all kinds of snacks etc.

I love poker and almost never turn down a chance to play but immediately I thought about the temptation of all that food. But I reasoned with myself that if I was going to be successful with this, it would silly not to go just because I would be tempted.

So I went and amazingly I was not even tempted to snack, well maybe a little as the meatballs in sauce looked very good. But it really wasn't bad at all to pass it up and all I had all night was a couple of bottles of H2O.

And I came in 2nd in the tourney and won $380. And when I jumped on the scale this morning I was down a pound.

It was a good good night all around.

Mom3

Post by Mom3 » Fri Sep 29, 2006 2:29 pm

Great job Toro!!!
I, too, am learning that I can resist the food temptations, and that the feeling you have afterwards makes it worthwhile.
Hope you have a great weekend and enjoy the S-ness of it.
:)
Mom3

Jane1721

Post by Jane1721 » Fri Sep 29, 2006 10:08 pm

And I came in 2nd in the tourney and won $380. And when I jumped on the scale this morning I was down a pound.