Thoughts at the end of 30 days

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

ginmarie

Thoughts at the end of 30 days

Post by ginmarie » Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:07 pm

Today marks the 30th day since I began this "experiment" and I am definitely in this for life! I like the physical changes I'm experiencing and more I'm liking what I've learned so far about myself and what I'm capable of. :)
Physically I've lost 3lbs! I'm walking almost every day and loving the new energy and strength that is bringing. Even better then the weight loss, I am pleased that in the last 4 weeks I have only had 1 low blood sugar crash and I know exactly what caused it! That is huge to me!!! Besides all this I've learned:

* I can say no to S's :)

* 5 hours is the right amount of time to go between meals for me.

* Meals need to count! I'm not going low carb, but I've learned the hard way to be really picky with my carbs.

* I must NOT skip breakfast

* I can go to sleep hungry and it's all good. I wake up not hunger though which is weird.

* Going nutso-cuckoo on the weekend is not a good idea. :)

* When I've eaten right and am in between meals, there is a settled feeling of not needing food. In fact I'm finding I think less and less about food until I'm actually getting hungry.

* I like how steady my overall energy/blood sugar level is staying. I'm finding hunger is happening at regular intervals instead of all over the board.

All in all I am very, very satisfied with the results and I can easily see me living this way from now on.
05/14/11 - 165 lbs
05/01/12 - 142 lbs
No S Lifestyle For Keeps :)

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:47 pm

Well said, Ginny.
You are doing great, you have the right mind set which is sometimes the hardest thing to get - but all that is really needed to succeed.

:wink:
Berry

Too solid flesh

Post by Too solid flesh » Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:37 am

That's wonderful, ginmarie!
Be kind, for everybody you meet is fighting a hard battle.

BrightAngel

Post by BrightAngel » Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:34 pm

Congratulations, ginmarie
BrightAngel - (Dr. Collins)
See: DietHobby. com

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:20 pm

Wow good job!! Congratulations!! :)
There is no Wisdom greater than Kindness

jellybeans01

Post by jellybeans01 » Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:30 pm

wow, keep up the good work. That is an excellent pace to lose weight. I have no doubt you will make it to your goal. After my third pregnancy I used no s to get from 145 to 130 and a little below at times, I'm also 5'4"