Lisa's Day 4 check in

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Lms526

Lisa's Day 4 check in

Post by Lms526 » Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:36 pm

Well this is day 4 for me. I've had a little bit of a rocky start. Day 1 I blew it without thinking. Day 2, I made it all day without snacking and Day 3 I blew it intentionally. I blew both the no snacking and the no sweets rules in one fell swoop. This time, I can't say I did it intentionally. I had a bag of candy I'd bought the day before. I forgot about it that day and most of the following day. But then I found it, and I couldn't stop thinking about it. I was able to resist temptation for awhile, but eventually, I just gave in. But I've learned something important. I should only buy my snacks and or candy on my S days. Then, I can eat without feeling guilty and won't put unnecessary temptation on myself during my N days. It was a little harder not to beat myself up this time. But today is another day. I can start over fresh. But I did it one day successfully, so I know I can do it. If I don't set myself up for failure.

Lms526

Kevin

Re: Lisa's Day 4 check in

Post by Kevin » Sun Nov 22, 2009 1:21 am

It'd definitely easier not to cheat if you don't have anything to cheat with laying around calling to you.
Lms526 wrote:Well this is day 4 for me. I've had a little bit of a rocky start. Day 1 I blew it without thinking. Day 2, I made it all day without snacking and Day 3 I blew it intentionally. I blew both the no snacking and the no sweets rules in one fell swoop. This time, I can't say I did it intentionally. I had a bag of candy I'd bought the day before. I forgot about it that day and most of the following day. But then I found it, and I couldn't stop thinking about it. I was able to resist temptation for awhile, but eventually, I just gave in. But I've learned something important. I should only buy my snacks and or candy on my S days. Then, I can eat without feeling guilty and won't put unnecessary temptation on myself during my N days. It was a little harder not to beat myself up this time. But today is another day. I can start over fresh. But I did it one day successfully, so I know I can do it. If I don't set myself up for failure.

Lms526
Kevin
1/13/2011-189# :: 4/21/2011-177# :: Goal-165#
"Respecting the 4th S: sometimes."