My First Day

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Junebug1872

My First Day

Post by Junebug1872 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:46 pm

Starting today for 21 days. I hope I can do it

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:50 pm

I hate to be a Debbie Downer, but don't be discouraged if you can't make it. There are at least a couple of us here who have NEVER had a perfect 21 days, but we've still lost weight. Just be persistent. I've never aimed to have a perfect 21 days, but I'm not interested in perfection.
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

lpearlmom

Post by lpearlmom » Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:34 pm

Welcome Junebug!
:twisted: SW: 210 lbs
CW: 172
GW:160

jw

Post by jw » Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:48 pm

Go for it, Junebug! And if you fall a little short, go for it again -- don't let numbers (of days, of pounds lost, of calories, of ANYTHING) get in the way of building your new good habits! Welcome aboard and enjoy the ride!
"The second you overcomplicate it is the second it becomes the thing for which it is a corrective." -- El Fug