Official: the exercise I've stuck to for the longest time

Take a sledgehammer and wrap an old sweater around it. This is your "shovelglove." Every week day morning, set a timer for 14 minutes. Use the shovelglove to perform shoveling, butter churning, and wood chopping motions until the timer goes off. Stop. Rest on weekends and holidays. Baffled? Intrigued? Charmed? Discuss here.
chentegt

Official: the exercise I've stuck to for the longest time

Post by chentegt » Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:41 pm

I realized today that shovelglove is the exercise I've stuck to for the longest time. Just to let you know.

1.5 years aprox. have passed, and I still wake up, grab my hammer and do my shovelglove for the day.

Okay, I recognize that habit-wise I haven't been a 'role model', but this is the only exercise that keeps going by my side after all these months. After I do my routine, I feel happy, and it's kinda fun, I feel more love for the hammer...

Certainly the "I need my shovelglove dose today" order is now ingrained in my head. But my new goal is to make this habit much more constant.

Thank you Reinhard

EDIT: Btw, last year I got scared because there was a point that I was losing too much weight and I thought I was losing muscle. I checked and found I was not eating too much, I was having too much activity and doing lots of cardio. Everything solved in the next months. You were right, the hammer didn't have anything to do with it.

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:23 pm

Congratulations! I'm so happy to hear this.

I like to think the chief advantage of shovelglove (and all the everyday systems) is sustainability -- but it takes a while to get empirical confirmation of this.

So don't be shy about posting here now and then, fellow old timers, even if you don't have any thrilling new insights. "Still at it" is definitely newsworthy when it comes to shovelglove -- nothing interests me more.

Reinhard

chentegt

Post by chentegt » Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:37 pm

Thank you.

I'll be posting my 'insights' from time to time... stuff I've experienced and my progress.