heh heh... I now have a keen grasp of the obvious!

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

jbettin

heh heh... I now have a keen grasp of the obvious!

Post by jbettin » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:29 pm

I thought I'd post this here, in case someone else is as dense as I was. :P

One of my biggest struggles with No-S-ing is that loooonnnngggg time between lunch and dinner. (Due to my husband's schedule, we don't eat dinner until 6:30.) I'd tried a mini-meal when my kids have their afternoon snack, but that had a way of getting out of control. I find I have to be quite an absolutist if this is going to work for me!

I finally figured out that --- DUH --- the way to solve the problem is to eat my first two meals later! I used to eat breakfast at 6:30 and lunch at 11:30. Now, I have breakfast at 7, lunch at 1:00, and then dinner at 6:30. Come the kids' after-school snack, I'm not so darned starved that I want to hoover their snacks.

She retreats, smacking her forehead... :lol:
Mom of 4

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:35 pm

I hear ya there! It all takes adjusting. Aren't you happy when you can cruise through the after school scene (I have 4 too) without pain or failure.

Live and Learn! :wink:
I guess this doesn't work unless you actually do it.
Please pray for me

TunaFishKid

Post by TunaFishKid » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:16 pm

Me, too! My first week I had a heck of a time getting through the day. Then one morning I got up, started making breakfast, and said to myself "Why am I eating breakfast at 6:30?" I stay home and can eat any time I want and I'm not even hungry that early. I now eat at about 7:30am, 1pm, and 6:30pm. (One pm instead of 12:30 because I like to eat lunch while I watch Days of Our Lives, lol.)
~ Laura ~

StrawberryRoan

Post by StrawberryRoan » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:32 pm

Same here.

I get up really early, about five every morning.

I used to grab a bag of animal crackers or vanilla wafers and nibble (okay gobble) them while I watched the morning news or checked on the internet. I could eat 2000 calories by 6 am. :roll:

Now I don't eat anything until around ten. I, too, am home so can adjust accordingly. I plan to return to work in September so will figure out a plan then, maybe just eat breakfast at my morning break. I do much better if I eat about ten, two and six or seven.

SR

:wink:

Mounted Ranger!

Post by Mounted Ranger! » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:42 pm

Ditto!

I was getting famished mid afternoon when supper was still hours away. I did the same. Now I linger of my morning tea and push my breakfast to sometime after 8. Lunch is around 1 and from there I can make it to supper just fine.
Mounted Ranger!
No S-ing, Ranging, and Shovelgloving since 7/7/09