MerryKat Testimonial

(New!) Read (or post) about people who have stuck with No-S for 10 or more months, lost 10 or more pounds, or 10 or more percent for their starting weight. Periodic updates strongly encouraged -- you can think of it as "Yearly Check In."

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

MerryKat

MerryKat Testimonial

Post by MerryKat » Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:29 pm

Wow, I just realise I finally fit into the category to be able to post a testimonial.

I have stuck to No S for more than 10 months and lost more than 10 pounds – and still going strong!

Just for the record I am female, and currently 37. I have hypothryodism and insulin resistance - two great excuses over the years! Most of my weight is baby weight (excuse is wearing thin as he is now 5!) from my second pregnancy - however I did manage to find a few extras along the way.

I joined No S in Sept 2005 full of enthusiasm and determination. However, while my brain knew this was the right thing I managed to NOT follow it consistently till the beginning of 2009 and managed to gain nearly 5kg (11lb). By the end of 2008 I was at my highest weight of all time while not being pregnant! And I was horrified!

On a brighter note, This was a learning curve for me, I learnt what my triggers were, what kind of food left me hungry and taught me how to manage my meals more effectively.

2009 I stuck with No S. If I fell off, I got right back up and carried on. Some days and weeks I really felt I was fighting a losing battle. I had many slip ups and lots of red days, but they did not become red months and eventually not even red weeks. I was learning what I knew that one slip up is not the end of the world, just get back up and continue. I continued and by the end of the year I had lost 4kg (8.8lb).

2010 - January I maintained (habit carried me through) and February I lost 1.1kg (2.4lb). And the best part is it is no longer a battle. No S is just something I do - I am easily able to say no thanks, save me some for the weekend when offered sweets or treats during the week. I still slip up occasionally but it is no longer the end of the world and I have permission to forgive myself, pick myself up and carry on.

Just focusing on following No S has lost me 5.1kg (11.2lb) in 14 months - this is the same weight I managed to gain in just over 4 years while not following anything except bad habits.

As always Thank You Reinhard – This is the best plan in the world and I will forever be in your debt for teaching me to live and enjoy food again.

PS. I am now trying to apply the same attitude of just do it (even if it is only 5 min) to exercise (a word with all its own demons and devils from my history). I know if I just do it, I will develop a habit which is just part of life and just something I do naturally. And my health will benefit even more than it has already on No S.
Hugs from Sunny South Africa
Vanilla No S with no Sugar due to Health issues - 11 yrs No S - September 2016 (some good, some bad (my own doing) but always the right thing for me!)

mrsj

Post by mrsj » Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:40 am

Congratulations, Merrykat! Now that No S is really habit, I'm sure that you'll keep shrinking.

OFF OFF topic: Now that you're not eating a lot of junk, do you notice any difference with your hair?

Keep up the good work and Happy Shrinking. (hannejensen)
Nothing is impossible-only improbable.

MerryKat

Post by MerryKat » Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:38 am

Thank you so much MrsJ.

Hey nice to see you here - isn't it a small world. I woudl have to say that I have far less bad hair days and my hair is less greasy due to the lack of bad fats and excess sugars in my diet.
Hugs from Sunny South Africa
Vanilla No S with no Sugar due to Health issues - 11 yrs No S - September 2016 (some good, some bad (my own doing) but always the right thing for me!)

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:19 am

MerryKat,

I'm so happy to see your testimonial here! And deeply impressed at your successful determination to give no-s another go after that initial false start. There's a world of difference there is between intellectually understanding something and really getting it. And I think there are far too many people who throw up their hands in despair at the first sign of trouble -- as if falling off your bike weren't an inevitable part of the process of learning how to ride.

Reinhard