Delightful Update

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

kassabma

Delightful Update

Post by kassabma » Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:14 pm

Hello again everyone! I am a frequent lurker, but haven't had the time to post or reply a lot lately - plus, honestly there are so many great people on here that often say exactly what I would say anyway! :D

I just wanted to share with you all that this week has been amazing for me because I hit the THIRTY POUND weight loss marker!!! Woot woot!!! I initially posted awhile back with a 16 pound weight loss that I thought was amazing, and this latest weight loss is just downright delightful! Especially just coming off of the holidays as well!

I started this NoS weight loss journey on May 31st of last year (2010) and all of this has happened since then! My doctor is impressed also because my cholesterol dropped significantly (20 points!) which is fab because she was threatening me with medication if things didn't turn around soon.

So - NoS, I heart you!!! :lol:

NoelFigart

Post by NoelFigart » Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:31 pm

Oh, congratulations! That's wonderful!
------
My blog https://noelfigart.com/wordpress/ I talk about being a freelance writer, working out and cooking mostly. The language is not always drawing room fashion. Just sayin'.

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:06 pm

Congratulations!
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

Summerwine

Post by Summerwine » Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:36 pm

Congratulations! This is wonderful for you, and also very inspiring to hear at the start of my NoS experience. Go you!

Summerwine
Start date: 10 Jan 2011
4'11'', 31 y.o
SW: 178.8 lbs / CW: 177.4 lbs
Goal 1: 145 lbs (no longer obese)
Goal 2: 120 lbs (no longer overweight)
Final Goal: 110 lbs

"If winter comes, can spring be far behind?" John Crowley.

amake616

Post by amake616 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:34 am

Wow! Congratulations, 30 pounds is pretty impressive.

Over43

Post by Over43 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:58 am

Congratulations!

I ate my weight in Twinkies today. You are doing much better than I am!
Bacon is the gateway meat. - Anthony Bourdain
You pale in comparison to Fox Mulder. - The Smoking Man

I made myself be hungry, then I would get hungrier. - Frank Zane Mr. Olympia '77, '78, '79

NoSRocks

Post by NoSRocks » Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:38 am

That's FABULOUS news, many congratulations!!!

NoSRocks

Post by NoSRocks » Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:51 am

PS: kassabma

I hope you don't mind me asking but obviously you have had awesome success on the plan and as someone who is struggling, particularly with over-indulgence on S Days - How do you manage your S Days? Do you have your S Days at the weekends or have you made any kind of S Day 'mods'?? I'd be really interested to hear and once again, many congratulations. I feel so excited and inspired by reading your message!!!

ZippaDee

Post by ZippaDee » Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:12 pm

Congratulations!! That's awesome!! :D
"Rivers know this: There is no hurry. We shall get there some day." ~Winnie the Pooh ~

A Flower does not think of competing with the flower next to it. It just blooms!

Diets Don't Work.

Starla

Post by Starla » Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:47 pm

The weight loss is delightful, but your happiness is even more so!

Congratulations and continued success as you enjoy this journey.

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:48 am

That is indeed delightful! (on more than one level, as Staria points out)

It is also "testimonial worthy." I'm going to link to this from the testimonials announcement thread, if you don't mind.

Congratulations and thank you for letting us know!

Reinhard

kassabma

Post by kassabma » Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:16 pm

NoSRocks wrote:PS: kassabma

I hope you don't mind me asking but obviously you have had awesome success on the plan and as someone who is struggling, particularly with over-indulgence on S Days - How do you manage your S Days? Do you have your S Days at the weekends or have you made any kind of S Day 'mods'?? I'd be really interested to hear and once again, many congratulations. I feel so excited and inspired by reading your message!!!
Well, trust me, I have been through my fair share of wild S days. I would say that it is only as of recently that I have been able to tame the S days. What I have found though is that the sweets, seconds, and snacks are not nearly as appealing as they used to be. For one thing - I get full too fast (this NEVER happened prior to No S). Secondly - I find that I don't need to overindulge to satiate whatever craving I might be having. I do my S days a little bit differently, as I found that it is what works best for me. I do a Friday evening and Saturday S day. I am a teacher, and we have a group that pretty religiously goes out on Fridays after school. So I eat breakfast and lunch like I normally would and then have a little guilt free fun on Friday evening. If I don't go out, then I will do a Saturday and Sunday gig. It has quite clearly worked beautifully!

I have to tell you that this weekend was the first weekend that I wasn't craving a darn thing! No sweets, no snacks, no seconds - I barely was even wanting to eat for some reason. I may have choked down a Little Debbie Valentine snack cake just because I felt like I should!! Just kidding - I finally felt like having a little treat on Sunday when I was making my son's lunch, so I did. Now, whether this is going to be the new norm for me, we shall see. I thought to myself - maybe I don't need two S days after all - which was something that I would have never thought possible. It's really been funny to me to see the changes in my attitude toward food and my taste preferences. I also just naturally have made healthier choices for some reason. This whole No S thing has just been life changing and is totally AWESOME!!!

kassabma

Post by kassabma » Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:21 pm

reinhard wrote:That is indeed delightful! (on more than one level, as Staria points out)

It is also "testimonial worthy." I'm going to link to this from the testimonials announcement thread, if you don't mind.

Congratulations and thank you for letting us know!

Reinhard
Thanks everyone!!! I cannot wait to post my one year update!!!

NoSRocks

Post by NoSRocks » Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:43 am

Hi again and many thanks for taking the time to answer my questions re. your No S journey. You are indeed an inspiration!!

Jaxhil

Post by Jaxhil » Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:18 pm

Congratulations on your success! And I especially appreciate your post about how your S days are going. I am just starting NoS again after giving up quite awhile back. Sdays were always a problem for me as I regularly felt like I went a little overboard; I am so excited to hear that S-Days can take that long to really become reasonable and even (maybe?! dare I hope? lol) effortless :!: Wow How great would *that* be!!

I am inspired by all these wonderful testimonials to just jump in and DO IT. Vanilla No S, that is! :P It is the only "diet" I've ever come across that seems even remotely realistic as a long-term solution to not only weight loss, but maintenance as well.

Thanks so much to all of you who take the time to post your testimonies! It is so great to hear how well this actually WORKS, in real life, for so many people.
Hilary
_______

"Habit, if not resisted, soon becomes necessity."-St Augustine

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have."-Thomas Jefferson

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:44 pm

Great job! Congratulations :)
There is no Wisdom greater than Kindness

BrightAngel

Post by BrightAngel » Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:42 pm

Congratulations. Image
BrightAngel - (Dr. Collins)
See: DietHobby. com

Kevin

Post by Kevin » Sat Mar 19, 2011 4:21 pm

As a follow-up to this question, can you tell us how you spend your days, and if you exercise? Do you spend a lot of time on your feet? Do you walk?
NoSRocks wrote:PS: kassabma

Kevin
1/13/2011-189# :: 4/21/2011-177# :: Goal-165#
"Respecting the 4th S: sometimes."