NoSRocks' Testimonials!!

(New!) Read (or post) about people who have stuck with No-S for 10 or more months, lost 10 or more pounds, or 10 or more percent for their starting weight. Periodic updates strongly encouraged -- you can think of it as "Yearly Check In."

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

NoSRocks

NoSRocks' Testimonials!!

Post by NoSRocks » Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:50 pm

Hi there my fellow No Sers! :) :)

Sorry it's been a while since I posted on the Board - however I just wanted to pop in with an update and to let you know how I'm doing these days.

**I intend to post here again with future updates, be it monthly, 6 month, yearly etc. to keep in touch with my fellow No Sers and let you know how I've been doing**

As of today's date - 25th March 2013 - I've been holding on to a 40 lb weight loss, beginning the middle of last year when I decided to streamline my S Days after 3 yrs on plan but pretty much maintaining during that time.
During that time, No S helped tremendously with my bingeing/diet obsession habits and food anxiety and helped maintain my current weight at the time, all very big plusses, thank you Reinhard!!) no significant weight losses/gains during this time however.

Once I began streamlining my 'free for all' weekends - sometimes even omitting the sweet treats entirely - (surprisingly, this eventually came naturally to me), I started to notice significant weight losses over time. As of January, 2013 I reached the 40 lb mark, going from 170 lbs to 130 lbs. At 5'7" with a small/ medium frame, I am at my ideal weight and BMI. I have significantly lowered my high cholesterol (was very previously considered very high and now I am in the normal range !:)

I have remained steadily at 130 lbs for the past several months. Have not been exercising or walking outside as much due to the weather conditions however I am amazed and pleasantly surprised that my weight loss has remained consistent. Since the festive season, I have - admittedly - started nibbling on desserts and baked goods on occasions. I would like to get out of the habit - but finding it a little harder lately - perhaps because of the inclement weather and being in the house a lot of the time....that's my excuse, anyway - lol!
However, any weight gains as a result of my intermittent nibbling etc. (usually 2 - 3 lbs) are gone within a few days, as soon as I get back to my 3 meals a day routine.

Overall, I am in a very happy and contented place right now, both with my appearance (can fit into pants and dresses etc. that were previously too tight and to be able to zip up boots without the zipper getting stuck half way up my calves....wow!! :shock: amazing!! Going on vacation in a few weeks' time and it will be great not having to worry about my shorts and tees not fitting properly or worrying about my tummy spilling over the top of the waistbands - haha! That's not to say what will happen on my return.... : :P

Thanks again so much Reinhard for creating this wonderful No S ('s' for No STRESS!) Plan. For most of my adult life, suffering from food anxiety and weight issues, I could never have imagined losing a lb never mind 40! Absolutely wonderful!

:) :) :) :)

PS: Here's my previous and very first entry on the No S testimonial thread after losing 26 lbs!!:

I thought it was about time I posted a testimonial to this wonderful eating plan. 26 lbs down and still losing ! Smile Smile

After a few false starts (!) I started the No S Plan back in December 2009, after a life time of struggling with binge eating and food/diet anxiety as well as a host of other things including poor body image and self esteem issues.

After a month or so of No s-ing, I was delighted to discover that many of my symptoms had dramatically reduced, esp my food and diet obsessions.

The S Days were crucial - particularly in the beginning - in order to get me to stick with the plan and work my way through these issues. All other diets and eating plans I had tried in the past were far too restrictive and/or unsustainable and in the end, just made my obsessions with food and body image worse!

As time went by - I struggled somewhat with my S Days - I tended to overeat excessively on sweet and starchy foods and all the other stuff I didn't have on the N Days. After some time, I was concerned that any good I was doing on my N Days may have been undone by the excessive S Days. However,during this time, my weight stayed pretty much the same, give or take a few lbs here and there. That in itself was a huge milestone.

The next stage of my No S Journey began this summer: I realized that in order FOR ME to lose any weight, I would probably have to start streamlining my S Days. I had a goal in mind - a vacation with my much slimmer friends who hadn't seen me in a couple of years. Perhaps it was having the goal or I was in the right frame of mind - or both - but to date, I have lost a total of 26 lbs. I no longer treat my S Days any differently from my N Days. I no longer crave the sweet, starchy foods and my bingeing is a thing of the past!

BUT I will not deny myself treats or S Events on special occasions. I fully intend to celebrate holidays and eating out with my family and friends as I have always done. I am comfortable around food and it does not rule my life anymore. I am so happy that I am able to admit that!!

I am starting to see real results with my body now and I think its time I got myself a whole new wardrobe since my clothes are just starting to hang these days! lol!

A GREAT BIG THANK YOU Reinhard and all my fellow No Sers for your inspirational and encouraging messages and for offering me support and advice throughout this Journey! I couldn't have done it without you!![/u]
Last edited by NoSRocks on Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
No S-er since December 2009
Streamlined S Days: 6/25/12
SW: 170 /CW: 127
Weight loss to date: 43 lbs

butterfly1000

Post by butterfly1000 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:00 pm

Wow!! Congratulations!

NoSRocks

Post by NoSRocks » Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:32 pm

THANKS SO MUCH, BUTTERFLY! :)

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:15 am

this is such wonderful news!!! congrats NoSRocks!!! :)
There is no Wisdom greater than Kindness

vmsurbat

Post by vmsurbat » Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:32 am

Excellently done! Thanks for sharing. I'm also in maintaining mode on NoS... As much as I liked to think that I can get on without NoS, focusing on the habits really nips creeping excesses before they do any real damage.

Congratulations again!
Vicki in MNE
7! Yrs. with Vanilla NoS, down 55+lb, happily maintaining and still loving it!

finallyfull

Post by finallyfull » Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:05 pm

Wow congrats!! Thank you for posting -- it really helps reassure me! I want to be in your club. The details really help -- so thanks for that, too.

I am 5'8 an at 155, which is nothing to complain about -- and yet I can see how very easily my weight creeps up and up, all the while I am "trying" to forego things. Only No S gives me the reassurance that I'm able to really both know exactly how much goes in my mouth without effort, and that I won't boomerang out of some "diet" and into overcompensation. I've been on it 3 months-ish (this time), and I hope to have a post like yours in about 2 years!

:)

By the way, when you read this, will you tell me what your three meals consisted of yesterday? It's just a "spot check" to see how skinny people eat!

NoSRocks

Post by NoSRocks » Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:13 pm

Hi there all! :) :)

Many thanks everyone for dropping in with your lovely, supportive messages ! You guys are the best! Great going Deb ! :wink: :wink:

finallyful: thanks for your question/interest - here's what I eat pretty much on a daily basis.., my choices are a bit boring, I admit! :) lol (ironically, if you check back to my previous check in threads over the years - not much has changed (apart from not as much bread/starchy foods!) which I guess must have been the culprit, closely followed by not really having S Days anymore - at least not on a regular basis and when I do, it'll be one small treat rather than the free for alls I used to indulge in! lol

BREAKFAST:

Granola Bar (1 or 2); portion of fruit in a cup i.e. orange segments etc.
1 x fat free or lower fat fruit yogurt

LUNCH:

1 pack of Belvita breakfast biscuits with apple
or yogurt parfait and black coffee at McDs

DINNER:

TV Dinners mostly - watch the sodium levels tho! Nothing above 500 mcg per dinner if I can avoid it! portion of veggies

or grilled chicken or beef with veggies

DRINKS: Mostly diet sodas (eek!) and if I remember to, some water throughout the day.

Hope this helps! Pretty boring so feel free to use your own menus, please! Lol ...

sophiasapientia

Post by sophiasapientia » Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:38 pm

Roxy -- Wow! Very, very well done! Congratulations on your tremendous success ... I am so happy for you!!!! :D 8) :D

r.jean

Post by r.jean » Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:02 am

Good to see you posting Roxie. I have been lazy with posting but have been trying to get back in the habit. I wondered where you were?!

Keep up the good work!
The journey is the reward.
Maintenance is progress.

NoSRocks

Post by NoSRocks » Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:35 am

Hi again guys!@! :) Many many thanks all for your lovely messages and best wishes - same goes to all of you too!

.... Great to 'see' you all here!

Just to let you know - even though I haven't been posting much lately, I still lurk the boards on a daily basis :) lol!

Planning on dropping into this thread every so often with updates so thanks all once again for your lovely messages of support!! rjean and sophiasapienta! soooo great to see you are still No s ing and thanks also for your lovely messages. Take care everyone and will 'see' you all next time I drop in with an update!

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:17 pm

NoSRocks,

Congratulations on your tremendous, sustained achievement and thank you for letting us know!

It's very interesting to me how your no-s experience divides into two important phases: vanilla to check the gain, then extra focus on S-days to push into active losing. A lot of times people think those two steps have to come in the opposite order. Perhaps the order you did it in makes a lot more sense!

Reinhard

NoSRocks

Post by NoSRocks » Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:56 am

Hello there Reinhard! Thanks again for your support and good wishes! :)

If it hadn't been for your wonderful No S system, I would never have gotten this far. I have been saved from the years of food anxiety, obsession and misery and I cannot thank you enough !!

emmay

Post by emmay » Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:25 am

Great testimonial NoSRocks! Thank you.

NoSRocks

Post by NoSRocks » Sat May 10, 2014 3:38 am

Hi My No S Buddies! Can't believe its been a year or more since I last updated my testimonial but there it is and here I am! :wink: :wink:

Just another very quick update to let you know I've managed to keep off my 40 lbs weight loss in the 2 years since I lost the weight on the No S Diet - YAYYY!

Okay there have been a few fluctuations throughout this past year - not least because we had a very severe winter - say no more! :( and not a chance to get out and exercise for several months. As a result, I gained approximately 5 lbs which was a little hard to shift. However, now that the winter blues have lifted, I am happy to report that it was only a temporary 'blip' and I am back to 130 lbs!

I no longer have 'official' S days but that doesn't mean I don't have treats every now and again. By treats I mean indulging my sweet tooth with dessert and/or cake. However the really great thing I find now is I can have treats every now and again and without the guilt factor that used to follow and often as not, lead to bingeing.

As always Reinhard I am so, so grateful and thankful to you for creating this fantastic eating plan - I cannot thank you enough. In all my attempts (30 yrs plus) at dieting and trying to lose weight, it is the only system that has worked for me and brought me peace of mind. In the past, I have seen dietitian after dietitian, food psychologists, been put on Prozac for appetite control issues and in the long run, not one of them worked for me - at least for me personally were no sustainable, long lasting results with any of these methods. No S has been the only successful eating plan/guide I have followed.

r.jean

Post by r.jean » Sat May 10, 2014 1:16 pm

I was actually just thinking about you the other day as I wondered about some of the people who were regulars on the board when I started. It is great to hear that you are maintaing the No S habits and the weight! Keep it up!
The journey is the reward.
Maintenance is progress.

NoSRocks

Post by NoSRocks » Sun May 11, 2014 1:40 am

Thanks very much r jean! :wink: :D :D

eschano

Post by eschano » Mon May 12, 2014 10:38 am

NoSRocks - your testimonials are a yearly highlight for me! Love them - they are so inspiring :)
eschano - Vanilla rocks!

July 2012- January 2016
Started again January 2021

MerryKat

Post by MerryKat » Mon May 12, 2014 11:26 am

Thanks for sharing your continued success!!!

Well Done!!!
Hugs from Sunny South Africa
Vanilla No S with no Sugar due to Health issues - 11 yrs No S - September 2016 (some good, some bad (my own doing) but always the right thing for me!)

vmsurbat

Post by vmsurbat » Mon May 12, 2014 9:01 pm

Way to go! So glad to hear of your continued success! :D
Vicki in MNE
7! Yrs. with Vanilla NoS, down 55+lb, happily maintaining and still loving it!

automatedeating

Post by automatedeating » Tue May 13, 2014 2:02 am

I am so glad to read your update! I often think of your fantastic story and your awesome username. :)
Month/Year-BMI
8/13-26.3
8/14-24.5
5/15-26.2
1/16-26.9; 9/16-25.6
8/17-25.8; 11/17-26.9
3/18-25.6; 8/18-24.5; 10/18-23.8;
3/19-22.1; 10/19-21.8
6/20-22.5; 7/20-23.0; 9/20-23.6
4/21 - 25.2

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Tue May 27, 2014 3:40 pm

Belated congratulations! I'm so sorry I didn't see this till now -- I somehow lost visual track in the recent flurry of congratulatory posts in the testimonials forum.

As you know, nothing makes me happier than "more of the same" posts from successful multi-year no-essers so please accept my hearty congratulations and thanks for this latest update!

Reinhard

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:10 am

Belated congrats from me as well. Don't know how I missed this! I've been having some rocky times eating in 2014. I ate lightly today because of so little hunger but was feeling a little sorry for myself because I still wished I was hungrier. Reading your post lifted my spirits. I remember that you realized in 2012 that you needed a lot fewer carbs, and you went with it. I'm just working WITH my body, and No S has helped me get here. Thanks for reminding me!
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)

NoSRocks

Post by NoSRocks » Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:43 pm

Sorry everyone this is a bit late !! Just logged in and read all your latest posts - thank you so much everyone for your continued support and good wishes - Reinhard as always, great to hear from you and thanks again for this wonderful plan!!

Just to let you know, I am maintaining 130 lbs!!! So delighted! I had a family vacation a few months ago and gained 6 lbs just by eating what I wanted, when I wanted (lol)! Never thought I'd say this, but I did start to get fed up of eating j*unk & excessively for the sake of it :roll: :oops: :roll:

It took me a month or so to finally get back to my normal eating pattern - once I had gotten a taste of the sweet/carby foods again - it was difficult and I admit I did have cravings for a while! As some of you have posted though, it's so great to know that with No S we can have treats now and again - or in my case a full blown 10 day eat-fest :P :twisted: however as long as it happens only now and again we can enjoy ourselves, safe in the knowledge we have No S as our guide.

Have a great summer guys and I will check in again sometime in the New Year or therabouts :) :) Thank you all again for your lovely messages!!!

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:56 pm

Thank you for keeping up with us!
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)

NoSRocks

Post by NoSRocks » Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:02 pm

:) :) You are SO Welcome, oolala!! :) :)

Have dropped a few extra lbs recently. Not sure why but I guess I'll take it ! :) :) Chances are its only a temporary loss since my body likes the 130 lbs mark.

Have a great summer everyone !