Six weeks in ...

Take a sledgehammer and wrap an old sweater around it. This is your "shovelglove." Every week day morning, set a timer for 14 minutes. Use the shovelglove to perform shoveling, butter churning, and wood chopping motions until the timer goes off. Stop. Rest on weekends and holidays. Baffled? Intrigued? Charmed? Discuss here.
MitchellKing

Six weeks in ...

Post by MitchellKing » Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:30 am

Thanks again Reinhard.
This IS working.

I am NOT doing the No S diet.. But I am eating once a day 5-6 days a week.
I think I have lost probably 30 pounds since July. I have a ton to go.

Shugging has been a part of this for the past Six Weeks. The Habit Cal Helps a great deal

I would recommend going and checking the movement videos that are on this site
Plus the VIPfitness video on you tube gives a different angle

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MYjTG4130g

Also I get a lot better burn when I push the hammer up at an angle
when doing the "bale" movement. Think of the Letter "M"

Hope it Helps :D
A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila. ...

Phineas

Post by Phineas » Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:16 pm

This is great to hear.

I will be starting this routine soon and it is exciting to hear that you're already seeing/feeling results.

I checked out that video; he's using some pretty interesting moves. Picturing some of them indoors though, all I can see are my walls and ceilings full of holes and a security deposit lost :lol:
I will definitely try some of these however.

Thanks for sharing!

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:26 pm

MitchellKing,

Congratulations on making such tremendous progress and thanks for letting us know! The details are very helpful, too.

I'm going to quote your tuck bale mod on the tuck bales discussion, if you don't mind, so it's easier to find for other people, too. I've noticed the extra burn of diagonal bale tucking too, but find it VERY hard to do it stably with the 20 pounder.

Reinhard

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:56 pm

That extra burn is due to the leverage factor.. Further away from your body, the weight will be exerting much more force.
Great news Mitch!
Keep it up!
8) Debs
There is no Wisdom greater than Kindness

MitchellKing

Post by MitchellKing » Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:33 am

-----I've noticed the extra burn of diagonal bale tucking too, but find it VERY hard to do it stably with the 20 pounder.

Reinhard. are you using one hand or two?.. I don't know what this old relic of a railroad sledge weighs, but it has some polar movement because its longer. I use my weak hand to stabilize the handle. One handed is a mutha.
A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila. ...