Checking back in ...

(New!) Read (or post) about people who have stuck with No-S for 10 or more months, lost 10 or more pounds, or 10 or more percent for their starting weight. Periodic updates strongly encouraged -- you can think of it as "Yearly Check In."

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Thalia

Checking back in ...

Post by Thalia » Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:38 pm

I haven't posted for a few months, I think, but I'm still No-Sing. I really don't think I will ever NOT be No Sing!

I started 11 months ago, give or take. I am now down 21 pounds from my starting weight, and I haven't been posting here because it really has become second nature for me not to eat between meals, so much that talking about it much would be like talking about how I get out of bed every morning. I'm even finding I sometimes FORGET to have a treat on S Days, because I just don't think to eat after dinner -- I never thought that would happen!

I started on an anti-depressant in September and it seems to have a mild appetite suppressant effect, so I'm sure that's part of it ... but for years, my eating didn't have much to do with actual appetite, so I think most of the credit has to go to the habits that Reinhard has taught me to build. Going forward, I want to focus on getting more exercise and getting back into the habit of packing lunch instead of buying it, so I might be around looking for reinforcement in those areas.

Thanks again, Reinhard, and everyone on the board who has been so encouraging and informative! When people disappear from posting, the natural assumption is that they've given up and fallen off the wagon, but in this case, the wagon is just so much where I live now that I don't have much to say about it anymore ...

~reneew

Re: Checking back in ...

Post by ~reneew » Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:32 pm

Wonderful Thalia, and we did miss you! I'm so glad to hear that you're doing so well with the habits feeling so normal to you. That's where I want to be. Good luck and continue on... update us from time to time. :wink:
I guess this doesn't work unless you actually do it.
Please pray for me

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:24 pm

Thalia,

Great to see you here again!
When people disappear from posting, the natural assumption is that they've given up and fallen off the wagon, but in this case, the wagon is just so much where I live now that I don't have much to say about it anymore ...
It is wonderful to see this assumption contradicted! (as it has been quite a few times in this "testimonials" forum.

I'm so happy to hear no-s has continued to work so well for you and thank you for letting us know!

Best wishes and happy holidays,

Reinhard