6 Month Update

(New!) Read (or post) about people who have stuck with No-S for 10 or more months, lost 10 or more pounds, or 10 or more percent for their starting weight. Periodic updates strongly encouraged -- you can think of it as "Yearly Check In."

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

ashbeephoto

6 Month Update

Post by ashbeephoto » Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:53 pm

I posted my original story here: http://everydaysystems.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=6562

I lost 60 lbs (roughly) over the course of 9 months in time for my wedding day. After receiving so many messages about people who felt encouraged with me sharing my BED (Binge Eating Disorder) story and several requests, I thought I would update.

Technically we've only been married 5 1/2 months, but now is the time to update because I just found out I'm pregnant! :D

Back to the weight loss. I have managed to keep off EVERY SINGLE POUND for the past 5 1/2 months. Actually every time my weight slides up a little, I just stick strictly to no-S and it comes right back down. I don't let myself go over my high weight and things have been huncky, dorie.

I have been more relaxed with no-S since being married (and not being worried about wearing a huge white dress in front of everyone). Relaxed in that I'll eat 5 or 6 warm baked cookies instead of the strict 2 ... etc ... I don't let myself binge or go buck wild (normally) either.

I'm also a full time grad student and that adds a lot of stress. But I've managed.

I have found that everytime I think "Oh I'll try this new thing or that new thing" I end up gaining weight and coming back to No-S.

The #1 thing I can say about no-s is that it has helped me overcome the emotional beating of having an eating disorder. I still binge occasionally (really very occasionally) but it's the guilt and self-hate that I no longer have that is awesome. Oh, and maintaing the weight is not too bad either. :wink:

Pregnancy weight I am going to play by ear (and doctor, and logic). Now is a time for me to begin healthyfully gaining weight. Those are two words I would have never put together before. :)

Without no-s I know I would be so worried about weight and other stupidity when I am so blessed to be having a baby and should be thinking about the babies health and well-being.

If you want to check out my blog (which I talk about food occasionally, but it's more personal) check it out at www.avirtuouswife.com

Finally, I am also feeling comfortable enough to share before/after pics.

So i give you before at 5'7 1/2" & 212 lbs:

And on my honemoon at 5'7 1/2" & 155 lbs (current weight):

Again, if anyone wants to contact me about BED or whatever. Please feel free to! (I don't check here too often so if I don't respond back try my blog or ask for my e-mail, which I check regulalry)

Thanks again for making this simple, awesome plan which I know is going to lead to a lifetime of health for my family. :)

-Ashleigh
Last edited by ashbeephoto on Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Pernetty

Post by Pernetty » Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:16 pm

Wow! You look fantastic - healthy, slim and beautiful. Great story, too. You must be thrilled to have BED behind you and a great future ahead.

You're extremely lucky to have found a system that works for you while still in your twenties.

Best of luck with your pregnancy!

Pernetty

Starla

Post by Starla » Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:52 pm

Congratulations on the maintenance and on your pregnancy!

I remember how inspirational your first testimonial was. I'm so happy to hear that things are going well.

Thanks for posting the pictures - you're absolutely beautiful.

kccc

Post by kccc » Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:22 pm

Starla wrote:Congratulations on the maintenance and on your pregnancy!

I remember how inspirational your first testimonial was. I'm so happy to hear that things are going well.

Thanks for posting the pictures - you're absolutely beautiful.
What Starla said. Exactly. :)

Thanks so much for the update, and very very best wishes!!

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:09 pm

Ashleigh,

Congratulations -- on so many levels: on your marriage, your pregnancy, your weight loss, your maintenance, your achievement at overcoming BED.

And THANK YOU for posting your photos. I would have said "bravely," but you look so lovely that I'm not sure how much bravery was required. :-)

Seriously, I very much appreciate it. Verbal testimonials are great and much appreciated, but posting photos is putting yourself out there to an even greater degree. It is generous, and brave, and compelling, inspiring evidence.

Best to you and your growing family,

Reinhard

P.S. minor detail: I think you may have gotten the numbers mixed up in the captions on your photos?

sophiasapientia

Post by sophiasapientia » Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:19 pm

Ashleigh -- Thanks for sharing your update and the pictures. You look lovely! Congratulations, too, on the news of your growing family! :D

All the Best,
Restarted No S (3rd times a charm!) January 2010 at 145 lbs

levictoria

Post by levictoria » Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:41 pm

Congrats on the baby coming your way. You must be so excited.

I really love seeing your photos. I'm 5'7'' myself, and my starting weight is similar to your's. Of course, I'm a tad jealous that you were able to lose all that weight, but it is SO MOTIVATING for me to see someone like you get down to 155...and what you look like. I'm sure you totally deserve it. Congrats on this too!

Thanks a bunch for sharing!
Victoria
Starting Weight 204.6
Starting Date Aug 24, 2017
Current 200.4
Total: -4.2

ashbeephoto

ty

Post by ashbeephoto » Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:29 am

Thanks everyone :)

I updated the weights ... it should have been "212" ... I would proabably be a stick if I was "112".

It is hard to post the pictures for multiple reasons. But, I'm glad I did. I know some of the other pictures on here helped me when I was getting started :)

Good luck to everyone!

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:31 pm

thanks for sharing... it encourages us all to read this.
I guess this doesn't work unless you actually do it.
Please pray for me

funfuture

Post by funfuture » Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:38 am

Congratulations! I'm so pleased for you at all your good news and on your achievement with NoS.

GeorgeMHarrison

Post by GeorgeMHarrison » Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:40 am

Is that you? Wow it was a great improvement. I am badly wanted to loss my weight now... And be back on my previous body...
DietPromises serves you complete guidence through your weight loss phase. You can choose among numerous
articles about healthy weight loss with different diet plans.

kgayle1971

Post by kgayle1971 » Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:39 pm

The "before" photo isn't showing up. Is anyone else unable to see it?

Thanks for sharing your inspirational story! All the best to you.
Karen, teacher and mom of 6

finallyfull

Post by finallyfull » Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:14 pm

I believe you are healthier and happier with No S, but it must be said that you were 100% lovely both before and after. No difference in loveliness. But congrats on the healthy, sane, freeing lifestyle! It's really much better for so many reasons.