I suppose this is as good a place for an introduction as any

(New!) Read (or post) about people who have stuck with No-S for 10 or more months, lost 10 or more pounds, or 10 or more percent for their starting weight. Periodic updates strongly encouraged -- you can think of it as "Yearly Check In."

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

He>mE

I suppose this is as good a place for an introduction as any

Post by He>mE » Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:04 pm

I'm not sure how I stumbled across No S, not even exactly sure when. I remember my wife and family looking at me like I was nuts the first time, and most people I mention it to think in going to replace "conds" with "x" when I say No Sweets, no Snacks, No Seconds... :wink:

That said, I've been a vanilla since near the end of July (Like I said, I don't remember exactly when I started, just my first 'hey this might actually work, get a before number' moment. It wasn't as hard as I expected it to be, but unlike most, the sweets and snacks aren't my downfall. It was the seconds.

That said, I'm consistently loosing a pound a week, and not even trying. (I mean, it doesn't feel like a diet) Sure some days I'm hungry, and its hard to resist temptation, but I do. I actually weigh what my drivers license says I do. *pulls out wallet and checks* correction, I now weigh less than my drivers license says I do. I don't remember the last time I was sub 200#, but it sure feels good. I do weekly 'official' recorded weigh ins, with frequent steps on the scale to keep up my motivation, and to remind me that I can blow the benefit of 5 N days in a single S day, if I don't watch it.

My kids are quite pleased to remind me it is an N day, or an S day, and seem to have taken to the system quite well. They can even explain it to people. I'm somewhat surprise (although I shouldn't be) how much difference watching what I eat has made. One of these days I'm going to start exercising too, just to see what happens :) I do do TKD with my son once a week, so I'm talking daily exercise. One habit at a time.
July 31 2010 - 212lbs
Today: 190

Too solid flesh

Post by Too solid flesh » Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:08 pm

Welcome, He>mE, and congratulations! That is great news.
Be kind, for everybody you meet is fighting a hard battle.

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:47 pm

Welcome, He>mE!
most people I mention it to think in going to replace "conds" with "x"
This is, of course, a secret subliminal marketing ploy I embedded in the rules. :-)
I now weigh less than my drivers license says I do.
I hope you realize that this is probably messing up the police's whole formula of adding 10%. :-)
My kids are quite pleased to remind me it is an N day, or an S day, and seem to have taken to the system quite well. They can even explain it to people.
Imagine that, a diet kids can understand, explain (and even get a bit of a kick out of).
One habit at a time.
Yes, the slower you can force yourself to go, the more likely you are to succeed. Think of it as habit-tai-chi.

Congratulations and thanks for letting us know!

Reinhard

He>mE

Post by He>mE » Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:18 am

I'm sure if you post enough spam, you will probably loose weight...

as for me, I've reached the 10% goal. I've officially lost 21 pounds. I seem to have slowed down a bit from my 1# a week. Looks like I will need to start exercising now.
July 31 2010 - 212lbs
Today: 190

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:25 pm

Congratulations, He>mE! (and sorry for the delayed response)
I'm sure if you post enough spam, you will probably loose weight...
I don't know about that, but you will get your account deleted. :-)

(note to the baffled: this is in reference to a spam post which no longer exists)

Reinhard