Found a trusty go-to food

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

ginmarie

Found a trusty go-to food

Post by ginmarie » Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:36 am

I didn't plan to go low carb, but am finding myself getting really picky about the carbs I plate because with my naturally low blood sugar I'm learning what helps me stay balanced and what doesn't. In the process of all this, I've found a great fuel food for me super healthy bread.

In my case this is a NW brand called Dave's Killer Bread. It's super yummy, all organic, high in fiber and protein. It's so dense that I learned the hard way I can only tolerate one piece at meal. Seriously, I ate a full tuna sandwich with two slices and it literally stopped up the whole "works" for about 24 hours. Very unpleasant.

I was eating a pretty decent whole wheat bread but compared to Dave's it tastes like Wonderbread (yuck) to me and absolutely burns right through me.
05/14/11 - 165 lbs
05/01/12 - 142 lbs
No S Lifestyle For Keeps :)

BrightAngel

Post by BrightAngel » Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:19 pm

Sounds good.
Where do you get it?
BrightAngel - (Dr. Collins)
See: DietHobby. com

ginmarie

Post by ginmarie » Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:40 pm

BrightAngel wrote:Sounds good.
Where do you get it?
I bought it at WinCo, but according to the website it's widely available all over the Western states including Alaska. :)
05/14/11 - 165 lbs
05/01/12 - 142 lbs
No S Lifestyle For Keeps :)