First 21 days

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

jenny72

First 21 days

Post by jenny72 » Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:08 pm

Hello Everyone

I have just finished my first 21 days. I have been amazed what i have learnt from it. How I don't need my cereal bar at 11.00am or that biscuit in the afternoon etc. I really can't believe how much I used to snack. I do feel more in control. My S day are still wild and I am amazed how much I eat with out thinking!!

So where do I go from here? was thinking of doing another 21 days as that would take me to my holiday. Keeping just to the simple 3 rules.

My only problem I am having is in the summer I go dog training three times a week and I have half an hour to get sorted before I need to go out, so I normally have beans on toast etc but this is probably not enough and I am hungry later. Any ideas?

Thanks for the forum it has kept me going.

Jenny

Start weight 225llb/ current weight 222llb

Linguisticsgirl

Post by Linguisticsgirl » Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:29 am

For a quick filling breakfast I find a big bowl of no sugar muesli (no sugar avoids sugar crashes), plus yogurt (for some protein) is the most effective. A lot of people say porridge, but that simply doesn't agree with me, I get indigestion, and am starving after 2 hours - however if that doesn't happen to you then maybe go for it. Failing that, what about adding a couple of poached eggs to your beans on toast?

I'm sure plenty of other people have excellent breakfast suggestions, it seems to be something which is peculiarly individual and what works for one won't work someone else.

Good luck finding what works for you!

Pinkcupcakes

Post by Pinkcupcakes » Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:30 am

Hi Jenny
Isnt it crazy how much we used to snack?! And every time I actually thought I was hungry!
3 weeks in I've noticed that my rules are automatically carrying over to weekends - I just dont think about snacking as much.
With regards to your 'quick meals' I too have busy evenings (Zumba classes are my current addiction!) If you add an egg to your beans on toast it will fill you up a lot more for a lot longer. A poached or fried egg ontop of beans on toast is delicious!
If you dont want to be where you've always been, change what you've always done!

Over43

Post by Over43 » Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:55 pm

Linguisticsgirl wrote:For a quick filling breakfast I find a big bowl of no sugar muesli (no sugar avoids sugar crashes), plus yogurt (for some protein) is the most effective. A lot of people say porridge, but that simply doesn't agree with me, I get indigestion, and am starving after 2 hours - however if that doesn't happen to you then maybe go for it. Failing that, what about adding a couple of poached eggs to your beans on toast?

I'm sure plenty of other people have excellent breakfast suggestions, it seems to be something which is peculiarly individual and what works for one won't work someone else.

Good luck finding what works for you!
What type of beans do my cousins across the Atlantic put on their toast and eggs?

O43
Bacon is the gateway meat. - Anthony Bourdain
You pale in comparison to Fox Mulder. - The Smoking Man

I made myself be hungry, then I would get hungrier. - Frank Zane Mr. Olympia '77, '78, '79

Linguisticsgirl

Post by Linguisticsgirl » Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:32 pm

Generally in the UK 'beans on toast' is tinned baked beans (usually Heinz although there are plenty of people who will argue for other brands).

Do you not have them? I know that proper US baked beans are a whole other animal (and very yummy), but I have to admit to a fondness for beans on toast, it was a quick dinner option when I was a kid if my mum was busy so I suppose there is a certain nostalgia. I also love fish fingers for the same reason - oddly I would most commonly eat both of these for breakfast now, usually at the weekend.

milliem

Post by milliem » Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:51 pm

What time of day is your dog training? Is it first thing in the morning requiring a quick breakfast, or do you mean you get home from work etc. and have half an hour to get ready to go out again?

If you can 'virtual plate' so you have a partial meal before dog training, and a partial meal afterwards, that might help.

Or prepare something the day before that you can quickly heat up and eat? Put a stew/soup etc. in a slow cooker so it'll be ready for when you get home?

jenny72

Post by jenny72 » Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:14 pm

My dog training is in the evening. I do agility so need to be able to run around too! I go three times in the summer, my other thought is to try and have a bigger meal at lunch time.

Thanks for the replies
Jenny

FloralDsiner

First 30 days!!

Post by FloralDsiner » Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:28 am

Hi all,

It's been my first 30 days of this diet! I enjoy it, and don't get as hungry in between meals as well. I am amazed as well as much I ate in between meals and how much food "no snacking" cuts out! :) There are still times when I have to remind myself of the diet, but it's getting less reminding and more automatic.

I lost 3 lbs in about 4 weeks, and then gained it all back in one weekend. So, needless to say, I still have to work on moderation on my weekends. I tend to eat less meals, but more snacks or sweets.

I gave myself 30 days to get the diet down before incorporating exercise. If I try to accomplish it all at once, I fail everything. So, I feel I have the eating part down for the most part at this time. Now I have to figure out which exercise I'm going to focus on starting mid-July. I'm hoping with exercise that I will be able to get back to losing about 1 lb/week or a tad more. Not expecting a huge weight loss, but a little bit consistently is what I would like.

Challenges right now are:
1. Getting my plate size to a correct amount, where I don't leave food on my plate
2. Not scarfing at meals
3. Finding an exercise that I will stick with and fit into my schedule
4. Figuring out moderation on the weekends.

I'm also going on vacation soon for a week and will need to determine which days will be "special days" due to traveling all day or if I need to stick to the no-S for the full week-day time.

Any suggestions from you long timer No-Sers? I feel like I've touched on success, but have such a long way to go to really get it under my belt and get to a weight loss point.

Thanks!

Marybeth

BrightAngel

Post by BrightAngel » Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:44 pm

I've read about beans on toast with eggs,
but have never personally experienced it.

Wishing the best to you.
BrightAngel - (Dr. Collins)
See: DietHobby. com