Hello from Newbie

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Ruff

Hello from Newbie

Post by Ruff » Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:04 pm

Hi there people,

I am new here, and thought it impolite to read all about you without letting you know I am here. I am female, 49 years old and have a dog called Ruff!

I have had flu this last week, so have been laid up. I took the time to research diets....again! I have done most of them, and got steadily fatter ever since I started diets 20 years ago.

Most recently I have been low carb. It was wonderful at first. Bacon and eggs for breakfast after low fat diets is AMAZING! However when you realise you would be happy to commit murder for some boiled cabbage, you begin to suspect something may not be quite right.....

This diet seems stunningly simple. (look 's' alliteration! I can do this diet, I know a 's' when I see one!). And as It is my birthday on Thursday (no, not the big 50...I know I said i was 49, but I was jumping the gun by a few days) I thought it was a good time to start!

So here goes my fellow adventurers,'once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more'!

From Ruff's owner. (or 'companion', I believe is more politically correct these days!)

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:35 pm

Welcome! Your birthday will be an S day. Enjoy!
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

Who Me?

Post by Who Me? » Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:05 am

Nice to "meet" you! I think you'll find a supportive, sensible community here.

Ani33

Post by Ani33 » Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:47 am

Hello and welcome! Good Luck, you'll love it!

Blithe Morning

Post by Blithe Morning » Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:27 pm

Welcome! When I was a kid my favorite stuffed animal was a yellow dog name Ruff Ruff. I am partial to dog's named Ruff.

Nicest of the Damned

Post by Nicest of the Damned » Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:26 pm

Welcome from Luna and Katya's human. I love dogs, too.

Ruff

Post by Ruff » Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:14 pm

Thank you all, for your lovely welcome.

Dogs are great, I have actually lost 6 pounds since getting Ruff and not doing anything else other than trying to wear the puppy out! Ruff is 6 months old now.

Yesterday was my first green day. I got hungry late afternoon, but it was fine. Here goes day 2.

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:54 pm

Welcome, Ruff! (and companion)

Hope days 2+ have been going well.

It's all about building habit -- so don't be discouraged if the first few days take some serious willpower. You'll need less and less as you go on.

Reinhard

determined

Post by determined » Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:55 pm

Welcome Ruff!

I ask everyone new if they've read the NoS book...if you haven't, it's a must read. I think I've read it 5 times & gotten more info each time.

I hope you'll come back often...this is a wonderful forum for getting support and encouragement...

janie
"Rivers know this: there is no hurry. We shall get there some day."
Winnie the Pooh