Just introducing myself!

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Sydneycat

Just introducing myself!

Post by Sydneycat » Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:29 pm

Hi everyone,

My name is Anne. I live in the UK. I have just read the No S book and will be giving it a go. I have set up my habit calendar and will be starting tomorrow which is officially an S day but three meals of what I enjoy will be enough of a treat for me!

I commit to doing twenty minutes a day on the Wii fit, a stationary bike or a stepper when at home.

Have got to lose fifty pounds so hoping that this is the way to go.

Good luck everyone.
Anne ---x---

determined

Post by determined » Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:22 pm

Welcome Anne!

I started this with about 50 pounds to lose, as well. I truly don't know how much I've lost since I don't ever weigh myself, but I know I'm on the right track. I've lost weight...my cholesterol level is down...my blood pressure is down...and my hope is high. This is a wonderful plan for learning be healthy in so many ways.

You'll find this a very encouraging forum so come back often for support!

Much success to you...janie
"Rivers know this: there is no hurry. We shall get there some day."
Winnie the Pooh

Sydneycat

Thanks

Post by Sydneycat » Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:05 am

Dear Determined,

Thank you for popping over and saying hello. For me the eating will be fine once I have established a routine, the problem I will be conquering is that of getting back into exercise which I anticipate will be character building!

So pleased to hear that you are doing so well, especially health wise. I think this is going to be the only way for me of sane eating. I have lost more English ££££'s than lbs at all the various weekly diet clubs over the last seven years, to a point where to continue throwing money away would not be sane. I am the same weight too as seven years ago, so have perfected the art of maintaining my weight to an art form! That being said, I hope that cutting out snacks, sugar and seconds and adding exercise will tip the scales into a downward path.

Have a great day.
Anne ---x---