New to No S

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

mcs

New to No S

Post by mcs » Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:45 pm

Hello,

I'm new to No S and to this forum. In fact, I don't join forums much at all so forgive me if I breach the etiquette with a new post.

I've read the book. I did it for two weeks, liked it, and then fell off the wagon. I'm going to start again tomorrow! Let's hope for a more long term success. Maybe a forum and other tools will help!

r.jean

Post by r.jean » Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:50 pm

We all fall off the wagon at times. Just mark a red on your habitcal (if you use it) and move on.
The journey is the reward.
Maintenance is progress.

Too solid flesh

Post by Too solid flesh » Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:25 pm

Welcome, mcs!
Be kind, for everybody you meet is fighting a hard battle.

mcs

Post by mcs » Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:14 am

Thanks! I'll check into the Daily check in I guess after a successful day tomorrow!

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:36 am

I'm sure we all fall off the wagon. The trick is to immediately climb back on the wagon. People who eat like this naturally or normally (who don't see it as a "diet") fall off the wagon, too. Whether it's for one meal or a day or more, they just get back to normal as quickly as possible and don't give it a lot of thought.
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:55 pm

Just keep going until falling off the wagon really is just a fall off the wagon and not a long trudge on a dusty, dirt road...

I'll say it again. This is not a diet; this is feeding yourself in a consistent, flexible, reasonable way. When it becomes a habit, you are going to feel sorry for people who are still caught up in the frustration. But you'll keep it to yourself until they ask.
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)

ellgee

Post by ellgee » Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:58 pm

oolala53 wrote:Just keep going until falling off the wagon really is just a fall off the wagon and not a long trudge on a dusty, dirt road...

I'll say it again. This is not a diet; this is feeding yourself in a consistent, flexible, reasonable way. When it becomes a habit, you are going to feel sorry for people who are still caught up in the frustration. But you'll keep it to yourself until they ask.

WOW! WOW! WOW!

This post just spoke volumes to me!!! I especially LOVE the part about feeling sorry for people still caught up in the frustration.

That's good stuff right there. Mmhmm. Especially as I'm trying to get off this long, dusty road. I'm on the wagon but one foot is dragging the ground. I just want to stay firmly seated!
Laura

mcs

Post by mcs » Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:14 pm

I'm on the road, eating the dust of the wagon, trying to catch up to the wagon. I have one hand ON the wagon! :)

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:20 pm

Welcome, mcs!

Ditto what oolala53 said about habit, and ditto what r.jean said about the habitcal. Marking those little squares is a great way to deal with failure in an honest but not discouraging way -- and to keep the focus on behavior and habit rather than the results that will derive from them.

mcs

Post by mcs » Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:46 am

Thanks Reinhard. Good to hear from you. I enjoyed your book very much. Down to earth. Straight forward, no nonsense. Thanks for writing it.

KL

Post by KL » Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:04 am

Welcome mcs.

I'm new too. The HabitCal is such a great visual. No messing around - just move on.

Keep on keeping on.
"Everything is permissible for me - but not everything is beneficial...I will not be mastered by anything." 1 Cor 6:12