FRIDAY FAILURE - ANY SUGGESTIONS?

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

mcs

FRIDAY FAILURE - ANY SUGGESTIONS?

Post by mcs » Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:39 pm

Hello,

I'm new to No-S and was very successful for 4 days. I've come to the realization that I view Friday Night as the beginning of my weekend. So, I was successful all-day Friday, then went out with friends. As the evening wore on the late night snacks came out and I caved.

I'm all for saying NO THANKS!, but I'm of the realization that it is going to be a hurdle.

Any other Friday warriors out there?

ellgee

Post by ellgee » Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:45 pm

I too have trouble with Fridays. Heck, this week, I had trouble Thursday AND Friday! I start to see the end of the work week as my time to relax and unharness myself from the rules of the week. It isn't working for me and it is a habit I need to drop so I'm hoping some good ideas come forth from your post!
Laura

Maggie9190

Post by Maggie9190 » Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:29 pm

I've only just started on No S (on it now for a week) but I knew Fridays were going to be a challenge so I made Friday and Saturday my S days. So far this is working, because Sundays aren't an issue for me.

I've read pros and cons on here about switching S days so maybe more of the experienced Nosers can weigh in......

r.jean

Post by r.jean » Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:34 pm

I did vanilla No S for a year before doing any mods, but I now have one small mod. I flex my S days depending on what is going on. I either do Friday/Saturday or Saturday/Sunday. It works for me.

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:03 pm

I have tried to keep each day sane, regardless. Not the way NO S was set up, of course, but the way it works best for me. I don't feel "good" eating a lot of stuff on a couple days and then going back to eating clean. If I add a dessert or a snack, I just move on regardless the day.

I am sure you will find what works best for you.

To your health,
Berry

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:10 am

I think it's a good idea to try to stick to the plan for awhile. Did you have dinner? I would sometimes make sure I had a really good dinner because Friday did have that celebratory urge. I also occasionally would have a pseudo-dessert, shortcake made with unsweetened biscuit, strawberries and yogurt. Anyway, after that I wouldn't be hungry later. If I was out with people, I'd just have drinks. If there was food, I just kept reminding myself that I'd had a good dinner and I wasn't hungry anyway. I also thought about how thin people will skip eating no matter what's available because they just aren't hungry.
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)

osoniye

Post by osoniye » Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:16 pm

Hi oolala,
Home made biscuit? Would you share the recipe for that? :)
-Sonya
No Sweets, No Snacks and No Seconds, Except (Sometimes) on days that start with "S".

milliem

Post by milliem » Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:58 pm

I often struggle with Fridays, what helped me recently was realising that on a Friday I just had to wait one measly day to have a treat! If I could make it Monday - Thursday, why not Friday?! Sometimes I'll have a treat meal on a Friday to relax after a week at work, but I can still fit it with the NoS rules (e.g. takeaway food).

Occasionally I'll go out on Fridays for a special occasion meal, and will take it as an 'S event' rather than a full S day - this means eating extra courses/a dessert etc. only at the event and not using it as an excuse to pig out all afternoon or snack when I come home! It happens rarely enough that I haven't considered moving my S days.

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:09 am

Actually, I just use the whole wheat mix from Trader Joe's.

I just made this this week for a colleague's birthday at work. I knew she wouldn't want a cake. I made biscuits and cut some fresh strawberries in with a few thawed blackberries and raspberries. Overnight those got a little juicy. Plus I had plain yogurt that I added a little vanilla and stevia to as an alternative to whipped cream, and I also made whipped cream with just a couple of tablespoons of sugar for several servings. A couple of people opted for the yogurt, as I did. I crumbled my biscuit and mixed the pieces up in the fruit and yogurt. It was wonderful! Everyone was crowing. It wasn't heavy at all yet it felt like a dessert.
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)

haley145

Post by haley145 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:15 pm

I always go out for pizza on Fridays. It is a special meal for the end of the week but it is also NoS compliant. Perhaps a yummy meal and drinks would do the trick. Also, why not have Friday and Saturday be your S days?

The thinking that milliem employs about waiting one measly day has also helped me too (although sometimes I have something at 12:01 :oops:)

Nicest of the Damned

Post by Nicest of the Damned » Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:34 pm

I'm Jewish, and have Shabbat dinner on Friday night. I start my No S days at dinner time. There's no rule that says a day must begin when you wake up in the morning.

It does, admittedly, make Sunday nights a little harder.

Blithe Morning

Post by Blithe Morning » Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:13 pm

I just decided to start my weekends on Friday night with dinner. It's not for everyone but it's for me.

NoSnacker

Post by NoSnacker » Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:58 pm

I think it has to work with your lifestyle. I stick to Mon-Fri as my N days, but if I was to change it I would not feel guilty about it and as long as there are 5 N days and 2 S days your golden. I don't go out and socialize so not a big deal for me to do M-F.

Why in the world torture yourself if Friday is really the weekend for you? That will make one hate the plan. And this is about not torturing yourself.

If I have to switch down the road I surely will.

deb
Age 56: SBMI=30.6 (12/1/13) CBMI 28.9 (2/2/14) GBMI-24.8