I think it's working!

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Badger

I think it's working!

Post by Badger » Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:20 pm

I have been no-s ing for ages... maybe about 8 months. I haven't weighed myself in that time, but I could tell that I was staying about the same. I was really happy with that, because before that I had been trying veggie low-carbing (very complicated.... and bread made out of spinach is disgusting by the way), and a veggie gi diet, and I had been going a bit mad. I was just amazed and overjoyed to be on the no-S diet, not gaining weight, and able to have a normal looking packed lunch, and eat any sort of (single course+helping) dinner - and even have weekend treats!
In the last 2.5 months I have started doing Body Shred, 5 days a week. I think this is quite a lot like the '14 minutes a day' thing, because it is officially 20 minutes (always takes me 25), which is nice and short.
Still my life is fun, eating is a pleasure, and everything seems normal. I don't feel like I am in a 'diet-phase'... I *think* I could do this forever.
Anyway, the other day, I bought a skirt from a charity shop that should have been too small for me... and it fitted! And a friend asked me recently if I had lost weight. I didn't know whether I had... but my trousers do feel a bit loose...
I'm just really excited. I had thought that the no-s was good for not gaining weight while leading a normal life, but not really any good for losing weight. But I'm wrong... you can lose weight on it!

ksbrowne

Post by ksbrowne » Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:30 pm

Congratulations! And good for you for not weighing yourself and obsessing over the number.

mricem

Post by mricem » Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:23 pm

Badger, Thank you for sharing!! I told myself that if I could maintain my weight & eat like a normal person than this NoS thing is perfect for me, (altho I would like to loose weight) I too was low-carbing and am now convinced that I could never do that for life!! Congratulations on your fun, pleasurable & normal non-diet lifestyle :D

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:16 am

Yes, Virginia, you can lose weight on the No S Diet.

Oh, isn't this just the best kind of story. How sane of you to aim at just maintenance and looking for a reasonable way to eat and live. If we could just trick others into trying this out for just that purpose, I bet we'd have a lot more testimonials of weight loss. I've read of other people (years ago) who stumbled on weight loss by giving up on dieting per se.
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)