Hello, again...

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

hikermom

Hello, again...

Post by hikermom » Tue May 08, 2012 2:16 pm

It's been a while (like 6 years!) since I've posted here, but I re-discovered NO-S a couple of months back and have really enjoyed using the habit-cal.

I'm feeling the need to start posting on the boards again in order to keep up my resolve. Getting back into the habit of the diet has not been too hard - except for last week - totally red on the N days- ack! My big challenge has been in the area of excercise. I LOVE the 14 minutes-of-anything idea, and have incorporated that quite easily into my life (except, of course, for last week- it was a tough week all around.) However, I have also wanted to incorporate more walking into my daily routine and, frankly, I've flaked out on it.

You'd think that with a name like "Hikermom" daily walking would not be too much of a challenge, but it is. :) The thing is, when we are getting ready to take a hiking vacation, I can spend several weeks getting in shape and it's no problem to commit to spending time walking up and down the hills around here, but during the normal course of my life, when I don't have to be ready for a big physical challenge, I've become almost a total couch potato.

So, I'm joining the May challenge to work on my goal of walking at least 15 minutes a day, every day.

Too solid flesh

Post by Too solid flesh » Tue May 08, 2012 2:59 pm

Welcome back, hikermom.

I also find motivating myself to exercise a challenge, even though I feel so much better when I do.
Be kind, for everybody you meet is fighting a hard battle.

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Tue May 08, 2012 5:55 pm

Welcome back! Seeing your name did make me think you needed no incentive to exercise. But then sofa spud would have been a bit unmotivating. You go girl!
I guess this doesn't work unless you actually do it.
Please pray for me

hikermom

Post by hikermom » Wed May 09, 2012 8:13 pm

LOL!