After Dark Junk Food

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Blithe Morning

After Dark Junk Food

Post by Blithe Morning » Tue May 22, 2012 7:30 pm

Tracking the Junk Food The World Eats After Dark from NPR Blog The Salt
People around the world show remarkable similarity in their daily eating habits: meals start off healthy in the morning, but get progressively worse throughout the day – until by nightfall we're deep into junk food territory....
At 10 a.m. Eastern, North America is covered in green as people dig into healthy breakfasts. But by 10 p.m., red and orange splotches dominate most of the continent. And at 1 a.m., there's hardly any green to be seen. Similar trends appear according to local time in Europe, Asia, and elsewhere.
Given the universality of this behavior, I suspect this is due in part to some physiological factor that we don't yet understand. Those of you who really struggle with late night eating, take heart. You aren't alone.

Habit can overcome hard wiring. Hang in there!

NoSnacker

Post by NoSnacker » Wed May 23, 2012 9:53 am

I just read the book on willpower, we all start off with good intent, but as the course of the day wears on, all the decisions/willpower we used during the day depletes our ego's and we cave into the food by the end of the day...

So it really isn't we don't have willpower, we just deplete it with all the struggles of life.

:)

p.s. habit from what I'm experiencing is the only way to combat it...and not giving ourselves a choice..just nope not an option and move on. also the book mentioned, out of sight out of mind. if the food is around and insight it will probably get eaten. :)
Age 56: SBMI=30.6 (12/1/13) CBMI 28.9 (2/2/14) GBMI-24.8