Live Strong

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Over43

Live Strong

Post by Over43 » Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:21 pm

I posted a thread about No S Diet on www.livestrong.com. I hope it was good, and I hope people there are respectful. I have found however, that most sites get a "pack" and they go after whoever doesn't think inside their box.

We'll see how long it takes the 5kers, who sip gel packs and persistently chew on packs of almonds, to let me know I'm full of poo. "Got to keep that metabolism fired up!!!"

Anway, I do occassionally drop by forums and plug No S. After the beating I took at the Living La Vida Low Carb forum I kind of backed off. Although I have noticed that Jimmy Moore looks like he is packing the pounds back on. Maybe it is a trick of the light though.

O43
Bacon is the gateway meat. - Anthony Bourdain
You pale in comparison to Fox Mulder. - The Smoking Man

I made myself be hungry, then I would get hungrier. - Frank Zane Mr. Olympia '77, '78, '79

JayEll

Post by JayEll » Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:37 pm

I tend to agree with you about how different forums get a "pack" going all of whom think alike.

I've posted about No S on another forum also, and I find that I've either gotten no response, or reponses that say more or less, "I guess that's fine for some, but this is what works for me so I'm staying with it."

Only, it isn't working for them. Years go by and the pack members are all still saying the same things over and over. "I messed up and ate a cookie." "The scale is up 2 pounds today and I don't know why." "I don't know what happened but I threw everything out the window last week." They are still forcing themselves to count, weigh, measure, restrict. The answer to everything is to get even stricter, eat less, exercise even more...

I just talk about my own experience if I post at all on other sites. I'm not looking for converts...

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:38 pm

I appreciate you guys trying to spread the No-S word -- but don't sweat it if it seems to fall on rocky ground. Best advertisement for No-s is just to keep doing it.

Reinhard

Over43

Japanese Diet Glasses

Post by Over43 » Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:52 pm

I can tell you all right now, I'd eat these glasses with the cookies.

http://news.yahoo.com/japan-diet-glasse ... 10996.html

Whoops, posted this post twice, on two different threads. Maybe a Diet Coke and Rum at 10:00 AM is a bit early. (I was sun bathing...)
Last edited by Over43 on Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

I made myself be hungry, then I would get hungrier. - Frank Zane Mr. Olympia '77, '78, '79

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:22 pm

I'm cautious about whom I talk to as well. Usually I wait until someone comments on my weight loss and specifically asks how I did it. Even then, their eyes glaze over pretty fast. I have talked about my own experience at Sparkpeople on the Living Binge Free team and have had a few converts and heartfelt expressions of gratitude. One woman did it for awhile and added an afternoon veggie snack. She's been binge free except for a few fails for a year and a half! Better than I've done, actually. But she used the 4-day Win techniques from Martha Beck to solidify the habits, so she doesn't give No S the credit.

I agree about how it's interesting how people defend what isn't actually working. Like for bingers how much they defend thinking they have to have at least a small sweet every day or they feel deprived, or that they have to eat often or they'll binge. Yet the sweet or the snack is often the beginning of the end for them day after day.

A bit off topic is how some people will tell me they've been too stressed or concerned with other things to think about using it much. But I always think, how can you be too stressed to just have three meals-- any meals-a day? You have to eat, don't you? What in heaven's name is easier, I mean that's satisfying and that you'll keep doing? Eating 4 packages of peanut butter crackers throughout the morning? having a donut and coffee? There's always a meal option somewhere that's as easy as those.
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)

Over43

Post by Over43 » Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:41 am

Folks have been pretty OK. Comments have ranged from "No chit Cherlock!" (no really), to "It should work, but you know different strokes for different folks..." (That's a paraphrase.)

Another thread was entitled, "Not losing Belly Fat on My Current Diet!" (Or something like that.) Which doesn't surprise me; I have noticed that some people do become a bit non-creative when things don't work.