Random question

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Ruamgirl

Random question

Post by Ruamgirl » Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:12 pm

One of my weaknesses is sweet tea. Would that be considered a sweet?
So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable. -- Christopher Reeve

brotherjohn

Post by brotherjohn » Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:38 pm

I live in Mississippi, where the waitresses say "Would you like sweet tea with that or VERY sweet tea?"

The little old ladies in my church make tea with 2-3 cups of sugar per gallon. Also, the McDonald's sweet tea here has 250 calories per glass. So living here, for me, sweet tea is an S.

I drink quite a lot of iced tea in the summer, but I drink it unsweetened (or with Sweet 'n Low.)
"Let your moderation be known unto all men. The Lord is at hand." --St. Paul

Read my free weekly devotional rural adventures at:

www.countrypreacherdad.com

NoelFigart

Post by NoelFigart » Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:03 pm

Since sweet tea often rivals soda for sugar, I would say so!

If artificial sweeteners are your kink, you could go with that, I suppose. Me? I try not to drink my calories except for my glass of wine when relaxing after dinner.
------
My blog https://noelfigart.com/wordpress/ I talk about being a freelance writer, working out and cooking mostly. The language is not always drawing room fashion. Just sayin'.

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:18 pm

I'd say it's definitely an S.
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

Ruamgirl

Post by Ruamgirl » Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:46 pm

Thanks, everyone! That's pretty much what I figured. Hence, the name *sweet* tea.
So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable. -- Christopher Reeve

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:56 pm

Yea, it's one thing to add a teaspoon or two of sugar to your tea. It's another to have 1/4 cup of sugar in the tea! It goes from nearly negligible calories to being about 10% of your daily calories in one 8-ounce glass. And who drinks an 8-ounce glass?
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."