Your Bio

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Blithe Morning

Your Bio

Post by Blithe Morning » Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:16 pm

I recently had to write a short introductory bio about myself as I am going to be a speaker at a conference in September. I included all the usual things about my professional qualifications, but bios anymore usually include a touch of the personal with activities and interests.

There has been a lot of discussion in recent threads about how one of the best outcomes of No S is that you are totally freed from the fixation on dieting and weight loss. I know some of us do enjoy those things as hobbies and if that's the case with you, more power to you.

So my challenge, especially to those who are thinking about life without Diet Head perhaps for the first time in a very long time, write your short bio. Start discovering the things that interest you.

My example:

In her free time, Blithe Morning enjoys spending time with her family, kayaking, bicycling around town, reading history and mysteries, and cooking from scratch. She has an interest in sustainable living and the practical Christian life.

SkyKitty

Post by SkyKitty » Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:49 pm

I think this could be interesting.

Skykitty is married with no children. Enjoys reading, watching far too much TV and cooking. Is learning Argentine tango and in spare time is trying to write a book.
When nothing goes right...go left.

Nicole in MD

Post by Nicole in MD » Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:02 pm

Nicole is a recently divorced 39-year old mom to 3 amazing boys (10, 13 and 15) who has tried EVERY diet known to womankind! She is a licensed massage therapist who is actually entertaining the crazy idea to go back to school to become and RN. She is thoroughly enjoying being back to her pre-kid weight (take THAT ex husband!) and hopes to keep it off using No S!
Nicole in beautiful Annapolis, MD
Started No S 8/15- 173

Rachelocity

Post by Rachelocity » Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:20 pm

Ooo, ooo! My turn!

Rachel is a 56-year-old aspiring standup comic. She has her alarm set to wake up to the Food Network, enjoys balcony gardening and never misses a comic book-based movie.
Everything in moderation, including moderation: Julia Child

Jennifer24747

Post by Jennifer24747 » Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:08 pm

SkyKitty, we are totally soul sisters.

Jennifer is a 26-year-old administrative assitant and aspiring novelist who's busy planning her September 2013 wedding. She's about to start learning the argentine tango, loves to cook, and reads her favorite books over and over again.
Discovered NoS April 25, 2012!
SW: 157
CW: 156
GW: 140-145

tobiasmom

Bio

Post by tobiasmom » Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:30 pm

Amy is a 35-year-old Air Force wife and mom to a 4.5-year-old boy and another baby boy due in December. She is a court reporter/career woman turned stay-at-home/homeschooling mom. She loves Jesus, cooking, and spending time with friends! She also talks A LOT!

Ruff

Post by Ruff » Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:07 am

Me Too!~!

Ruff is an ex homeschooling mum of 3 (mostly grown and flown), a runner(!!!!) and the owner of a successful home business. She hates earthquakes and liquifaction , loves her hubby of 27 years, her kids and her dog, Ruff. She is also a compulsive reader and is delighted her eldest has grown up to be a librarian! :D

BrightAngel

Post by BrightAngel » Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:24 pm

After a lifetime of (often morbid) obesity,
retired attorney, BrightAngel (aka Dr. Collins) has achieved a normal weight
by learning to view Dieting as an enjoyable Hobby,
and is now in her 7th year of maintaining that weight-loss.
BrightAngel - (Dr. Collins)
See: DietHobby. com

ironchef

Post by ironchef » Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:38 pm

ooh, I'll play!

ironchef is a subsea engineer who enjoys good wine, dancing to breakbeat music and vegetable gardening. She recently completed her Certificate in Fitness Training and loves yoga and distance running. She lives with her husband, infant son and her middle aged dog in Perth, Western Australia.

kristine

Post by kristine » Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:24 pm

kristine is a single, never married, no kids wild west cowgirl of 40 years! She spends her time, raising sheep, catching wild horses, fighting wildfires, hanging out with friends and dreams of one day living an a rainy, green paradise.