Daily journaling activity

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

BritishFool

Daily journaling activity

Post by BritishFool » Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:04 am

So I just brainstormed a list of things to write about at the end of each day to reassure myself that this is a process and that this is worth it even if sometimes I may not think so. Here it is:

List ten of each:
-Things that made me happy today
-Things that I approved upon today
-Reasons I deserve to be happy and healthy
-Things I did today instead of eating
-Things that will get better as I continue this journey
-Things to remember as I continue this journey
-Things I will work to improve upon tomorrow

What do you think? Should I perhaps do just five of each, or eliminate some reflection points altogether?
BritishFool ;)

BritishFool

Post by BritishFool » Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:10 am

Also, I'm planning to read them again in the morning as I eat my cheerioos, just to remind myself. Good idea?
BritishFool ;)

ironchef

Post by ironchef » Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:53 am

Sounds good, although I think 10 of each sounds like a lot of writing.

I have a small notebook, and each day I try to note down something I am grateful for. This can be as big as "I'm grateful to have a healthy baby" and as small as "I'm grateful to eat a beautiful fresh orange off our tree". I find it is very hard to feel angry, hopeless or self pitying when I cultivate a sense of gratitude. So perhaps "things I am grateful for" can be on your list?

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:51 am

I also think 10 a day is a lot of writing -- and I think some days it could be difficult to come up with 10. I'd maybe pick one or two thing and expand on them.
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

noni

Post by noni » Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:24 pm

Instead of a set number, since you're doing it everyday, why not list as many (or as little) as you experienced that day. And Ironchef has a great suggestion...things you are grateful for today.

BritishFool

Post by BritishFool » Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:25 pm

Yeah I did it all last night just as an experiment and it took forever. Some of them I don't think I'll do every day just because they'll always be the same.
BritishFool ;)