back again

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

MB

back again

Post by MB » Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:48 pm

I just wanted to introduce myself again. I posted today on daily check in too. I am a 34 year old teacher with a five month old baby. Starting new today. I have lost weight on no s in the past and ready to start again.

My question is, does anyone drink sweet tea. I am addicted. I think I really could do this again if I can allow myself to drink sweet tea with evening meal. I mean OK don't really drink alcohol so couldn't that be my glass ceiling?

B-cereal,milk,pineapple
L- frozen meal,banana,string cheese,coke zero
D-cooking pot roast,mashed potatoes,green beans,garlic bread,and of course sweet tea unless I see that I am not losing weight.
[/i]

vmsurbat

Post by vmsurbat » Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:23 pm

Welcome back and congratulations on the new baby! :)

Several thoughts about your sweet tea question.

1. When you say "sweet tea," how sweet is it? The equivalent of 1 Tablespoon or less per 8 oz glass? (That would be 8T (1/2 cup)sugar per 2 qts tea). I think that is within NoS rules, so you'd be golden there.

2. If it is more sugar than that, do you think you could slowly train yourself (over weeks) to less sweet "sweet tea?" You don't have to aim for a no-sugar ice tea....

3. Does it concern you to "be addicted" as you phrased it? So even if "allowable" would reducing or restricting the amount of sweet tea you drink be something that would give you a sense of accomplishment or that you feel would be beneficial apart from any weightloss?

4. Is the pleasure of the sweet tea (and I do hesitate to use the word pleasure since you used the word "addicted" but I lack a better word) something that just makes your meal complete? Is it part of your culinary heritage, that to give it up would almost be a denial of that heritage?

I ask, because only you can decide the to-drink-or-not-to-drink question so it doesn't really matter what anyone else would do. For example, in my family, we had a long history of freshly prepared breakfasts before starting NoS which sometimes included buttermilk pancakes, or french toast, or muffins. Although some people consider those S-day only treats, for our family, they were ordinary breakfasts (and being homemade, not overly sweet or processed), and I didn't give those up when starting NoS. They don't taste or seem dessert-like and don't lead to eating more sweets or desserts. It *may* be that sweet tea fits that category for you (although it wouldn't for me).

Anyway, congrats again and enjoy your little one!
Vicki in MNE
7! Yrs. with Vanilla NoS, down 55+lb, happily maintaining and still loving it!

MB

Post by MB » Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:01 pm

Thanks that helps. I think I will not worry too much about it. I ate so much better today than usual so that in itself was a change.