Thirstier Since Starting No-S?

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

vmelo

Thirstier Since Starting No-S?

Post by vmelo » Mon Mar 20, 2006 3:01 am

Hi, folks. I'm loving the No-S way of eating, and I'm experiencing an interesting side effect: I find that I'm thirstier throughout the day. That's a good thing because in the past, I found that I had to force myself to drink the recommended amount of water (the usual 6-8 glasses) and usually didn't drink enough. Has anyone else experienced this? I'm happy that I'm drinking more water, but I wonder why it's happening.

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Mon Mar 20, 2006 3:07 am

Maybe you were getting a substantial amount of your daily fluids in the form of food?

Thirst and hunger are hard to distinguish between in the brain...
If you have been needing water in the past but found a way of getting it through your food, this may have even further blurred the distinction between what you think you want and what you really need at the moment...

Did that make any sense??? LOL.... :lol:
Peace and Love,
8) Deb
There is no Wisdom greater than Kindness

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Wed Mar 22, 2006 4:49 pm

I can't say I noticed this myself, but it doesn't surprise me. It's for the same reason cats who eat dry food drink more than cats who eat wet food. And less food is even drier than dry food. :-)

Drink away, as long as it's no/low calorie. As Deb mentions, it'll keep you from getting hungrier often.

Reinhard