28 days in!

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

EmilyGF

28 days in!

Post by EmilyGF » Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:11 pm

I'm finishing week 4 of No-S. I've never made it past 3 weeks before, so this is exciting.

There are some things I've done differently this time.

1. I read the book. There are so many good hints and guidelines in there. This time I understood how tasting food I was cooking, drinks between meals, and S-days worked.

2. I told my mom in a new way. I didn't tell her I was watching my weight, instead I said that I was not snacking during the week and that my husband liked it because I was putting energy into making good meals instead of into snacking without the family.

3. If I want to give up, I buy an S-snack during the week and stick it in the cabinet for the weekend. The hope for the weekend, the hope of snacking without guilt, gets me through the rest of the days until Saturday.

4. I have no rules/guidelines for weekends. I eat anything I want in any amount. Without guilt.

And, today is an S-Day since it is my 10th wedding anniversary. I can guiltlessly eat any dessert and food tonight. :-)

Emily
Emily

jw

Post by jw » Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:14 pm

So you got through your mom's visit without a snack? Congrats! It sounds like you have figured out some strategies that really work! Enjoy your S-day anniversary and the two S-days to come -- you deserve it!
"The second you overcomplicate it is the second it becomes the thing for which it is a corrective." -- El Fug

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:16 pm

Good for you!
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."