Not feeling any pressure!! and THANK YOU Reinhard!

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

clarebear

Not feeling any pressure!! and THANK YOU Reinhard!

Post by clarebear » Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:15 pm

I have set myself the goal of losing 20lbs in time for my wedding on 2nd May 2014. I have been doing No S for nearly 14 days now and I have been completely set free. I feel so happy!!

The best thing about it is that the more days that have passed the more I have accepted that even if I didn't lose that 20lbs up to the exact day it's ok as I am working towards it and I will get there. This isn't some diet that will only last until my wedding day then I go back to my old ways, it is going to completely change my life and the way I use/think about food! I don't feel the pressure to lose X amount of pounds, I have set myself the goal as I think this is good for weight loss and to give direction but I am not going to break down if I don't lose it as I know I will have still lost weight!

I am very confident that I can lose 20lbs in 8.5 months but without any pressure on myself I think this will help. I can't tell you how relieved I am to have found this at this point in my life.

My other goal is to have had a complete mind shift and undo all my bad thoughts and habits about weight, image and food before I'm 30, I'm 27 now so this gives me 3 years of building good habits. Bring it on :)

ps Thank you to everyone who posts positive stories on here, you have helped me through my first 2 weeks. Can't wait to join the 21 day club!!
Finally found a lifestyle change, not a diet!
Starting weight 167 lbs
Goal is to lose 20lbs in time for my wedding!

lpearlmom

Post by lpearlmom » Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:05 pm

Yay clarebear you are really on the right path. What a great way to start ypur new life!!
Last edited by lpearlmom on Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
:twisted: SW: 210 lbs
CW: 172
GW:160

Rea

Post by Rea » Sat Aug 17, 2013 11:38 pm

you and I have the same goal. I'm about 167 (well, 165, but today I was 167 :P) and want to lose 20 lbs). No wedding to aim for, but still. Good luck! I'm rooting for you!

clarebear

Post by clarebear » Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:53 pm

Thank you both! :)
Starting weight 167 lbs

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:01 pm

You are very welcome -- best of luck with all your goals, especially the longer term ones!

I was rather heavy at my wedding (it was a few months before I thought of no-s), but apart from some less than flattering pictures, everything has turned our alright. Hoping to stay nice and trim for my kids' weddings in a couple of decades. :-)

Reinhard

clarebear

Post by clarebear » Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:36 pm

Thank you!

I am looking forward to posting in the 21 Day club section on Sunday night!

:D
Starting weight 167 lbs