Newbie saying hi!

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Bnapptural

Newbie saying hi!

Post by Bnapptural » Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:15 pm

I'm on day 3 officially and it's been pretty simple so far (but then I haven't been Tested by any extreme circumstances yet). I am easily resisting all the snacks we keep out at work for our clients which used to be the bane of my existence. I'd grab handfuls every time I passed the table.

I lost over 60 pounds over 10 years ago using weight watchers and managed to keep off over 30 of them. Two years ago I rejoined and lost 20 pounds which have been slowly inching back on since I met my boyfriend (who is a personal trainer BTW. How ironic is that?).

I turn 40 in less than three months and on my quest to be 40, fit and fabulous i started exercising regularly and was contemplating doing weight watchers again or maybe try paleo. Neither of which option was feeling especially appealing Or sustainable for the long-term. After carefully examining my Habits surrounding food (I.e. mindless, continuous snacking and overeating at meals just because its there, not because I'm still hungry) it feels like the no S diet addresses my issues. I'm less concerned with losing weight and more interested in losing body fat, building muscle, being fit and active and Not obsessing over food.

I do better when I have somebody else's Rules to follow and not my own that I can (and will) arbitrarily modified endlessly. The No S diet Way of life seems infinitely obtainable and maintainable. Looking forward to the journey!
Bfab

jw

Post by jw » Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:25 pm

Welcome, B -- it sounds like you have come to the right place! This is a very supportive board with a lot of collective wisdom, and we are all on the same road. Best wishes!
"The second you overcomplicate it is the second it becomes the thing for which it is a corrective." -- El Fug

clarebear

Post by clarebear » Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:29 pm

Welcome and Good luck :)
Finally found a lifestyle change, not a diet!
Starting weight 167 lbs
Goal is to lose 20lbs in time for my wedding!

Tessytwinkle

Post by Tessytwinkle » Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:12 pm

Welcome B. like all of us you are no stranger to dieting. But this is very different. We are all here to support you and travel alongside you. Like you snacking is a big issue for me and i have always been arbitrarily modifying diets :D but these rule are simple and wise and yet not easy to do at the start as we are often so messed up by everything that has gone before. Hang in there and i wish you success and peace in your eating
Tessy

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:38 am

Welcome to sanity.
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)

Bnapptural

Post by Bnapptural » Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:30 am

Thanks for the welcomes and encouragement. Day 3 down!
Bfab

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:56 pm

Welcome, Bnapptural!
I turn 40 in less than three months
Me too!
I do better when I have somebody else's Rules to follow and not my own that I can (and will) arbitrarily modified endlessly.
This can indeed be tricky! We're very ambivalent about the idea of "authority" these days, and yet for some things it's critical that we feel a sense of it.

Best of luck and looking forward to future updates,

Reinhard