Hello all, I'm new

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Charms

Hello all, I'm new

Post by Charms » Wed Apr 19, 2006 7:58 pm

Hi everyone. Today is my first official day on NOS. I came across this diet sometime last year but at the time decided to try something else. Well since then, ive tried many "something elses" and I still have not made any sustainable progess. Well I came across the website again about two days ago and have finally decided to commit to it. I usually don't particpate on message boards. I generally tend to be more of an observer. But after pouring over many many posts I've discovered that this is truly a welcoming and supportive community. Also, as one member mentioned, I think that I can benfit from the accountablility as well.

I truly feel like this will be my breakthrough in this area of my life because I think i finally have the right mindset. I'm done with trying to find quick fixes. At this point I'd rather lose a pound a month than none at all or worse yet gain a pound a month.[/b]

Simon

Post by Simon » Wed Apr 19, 2006 8:29 pm

Welcome, Charms!!

I've only been a convert for a couple weeks and am already loving the community here - in a non-Brokeback Mountain sort of way. The rapid changes to my eating habits are way cool as well. Reinhard's ubiquitous S with the strike through it haunts my waking and sleeping hours.

I look forward to hearing more from you. Once we're all in the 21-club together we can party like it's 1999. And we'll all wear Raspberry Beret's to keep our heads dry in the Purple Rain while we chow down on Cream.

I'll shut up now.

But still... welcome!
Simon
"Hickory Hand of the North"

Charms

Post by Charms » Wed Apr 19, 2006 8:36 pm

Thank you for the welcome. And yes, I look forward to joining the 21 day club as well.

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Wed Apr 19, 2006 10:32 pm

I truly feel like this will be my breakthrough in this area of my life because I think i finally have the right mindset. I'm done with trying to find quick fixes. At this point I'd rather lose a pound a month than none at all or worse yet gain a pound a month.
Go Charms!!!
Great attitude, and yes, this is the real deal!!!
Try to be patient and a strict as you can with the N days..
Don't sweat the S days at all...
You will lose weight with this!
And it won't come back to bite you in the "you know what"!!
I've only been a convert for a couple weeks and am already loving the community here - in a non-Brokeback Mountain sort of way. The rapid changes to my eating habits are way cool as well. Reinhard's ubiquitous S with the strike through it haunts my waking and sleeping hours.

I look forward to hearing more from you. Once we're all in the 21-club together we can party like it's 1999. And we'll all wear Raspberry Beret's to keep our heads dry in the Purple Rain while we chow down on Cream.
PS... Simon, you crack me up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We love you, and almost in a broke back mountain way!!! LOL!!
Aaaaaannnnnnnd I look forward to partying with a beret on with my favorite hickory hand hoser!~
GOOD DAY EH!!
LOL....

Peace and Love,
8) Deb
There is no Wisdom greater than Kindness

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Thu Apr 20, 2006 11:56 am

Welcome, Charms. You're right, this is an awfully nice board, it's been a long time since someone has posted something that could be interpreted as mean here... I guess that's kind of unusual on the internet. Thanks all, for being so nice.

It sounds like you've got the right long-term mindset. I hope you find no-s pleasant and effective enough not to go solution hopping any more. It's funny what a temptation all these solutions can be... how can you stick with one, especially when things get slow or difficult, when there are so many others out there?

Hoping you can, and that it works brilliantly for you,

Reinhard

battlefish

Post by battlefish » Fri Apr 21, 2006 3:24 pm

Welcome Charms! I'm new here as well and so far love it and find this board really helpful and all the worderful people inspiring.

Look forward to hearing of your progress :)

Battlefish