holidays...

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

abelincoln

holidays...

Post by abelincoln » Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:32 pm

New years eve, new years, easter, 4th july, Halloween, thanksgiving, christmas eve, christmas...

I think thats roughly my list...

Throw in a couple bdays and weekends and sick days...

Anyone use/not use those days, or uses others, and why

minimizer

Post by minimizer » Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:00 am

For myself, I prefer to not use New Years Day as a holiday. I do count New Years Eve as a holiday, but the next day (January 1st) is a new, blank slate and I like to get the year off to a good start. That's just what feels right to me.

ironchef

Re: holidays...

Post by ironchef » Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:32 am

abelincoln wrote:New years eve, new years, easter, 4th july, Halloween, thanksgiving, christmas eve, christmas...

I think thats roughly my list...

Throw in a couple bdays and weekends and sick days...

Anyone use/not use those days, or uses others, and why
Living in Australia, a few of mine are naturally different.

I don't do New Year's Day, as the parties are the night before.

Don't bother with Halloween, it's not as big here and I kind of feel like trick or treating and candy is for children.

Don't do thanksgiving here

Don't do 4th July (obvs), but we have a national day (26th Jan) and also a commemoration day (25th April). However, neither of those days is about eating S's, so I don't bother making them S days.

I host a Solstice dinner once a year on 21st June (or as close as possible when everyone can make it). So, I make that an S day. We usually do the dinner on a weekend though, so it isn't an extra S.