All You Can Eat Chinese Food Buffet Emporium - SUCCESS!

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

operababe

All You Can Eat Chinese Food Buffet Emporium - SUCCESS!

Post by operababe » Sun Jul 23, 2006 1:25 pm

Had to share with the whole group, and hopefully this will reinforce for people how well the No S habit works.

Yesterday was a birthday celebration for a friend at the Mandarin. In Toronto, the Mandarin is one of those huge all you can eat buffet style "let's eat until we're in extreme pain" kind of emporiums. Now, yesterday was an S day, so I thought, well if I eat a 2nd plate that's OK, and if I have a couple of desserts, that's OK.

Ah, but it was not to be.

I gave myself a good-sized plate, and I made sure that 1/2 of this plate was vegetables (garlic broccoli and green beans with chili peppers to be exact). I had managed to eat about 2/3 of the plate, when I found I just couldn't eat anymore of it. I wasn't stuffed, no, but the flavours weren't exciting me anymore. So I left a full 1/3 of this plate alone, and I went up with others who were getting that all-important 2nd plate (Hey, you guys know that some people get 3rds, and even 4ths!). All I picked was ONE small honey garlic sparerib, and 2 pieces of sushi. I sat down. I ate those. And I felt extremely satisfied. At dessert time, people were coming back with plates of cakes and pies and squares. All sorts of goodies. It's ridiculous when you think about it (I guess it's panic plating since doggy bags aren't allowed at these places). Finally, I went up to the dessert table. My selection: 4 small slices of fresh pineapple and 1/2 of a small bowl of the creme caramel. And that was it. Plus 2 cups of green tea. And no alcohol, I just wasn't in the mood for it.

When I walked out of there, I felt fine. I was full, but no way did I feel overstuffed. It was a great feeling. Success!!! Clearly, the No S habit plus following the "Life is Hard, Food is Easy" guidelines is affecting me both physically and mentally. Seriously, I couldn't keep shoving food in my mouth when the taste just wasn't there. I have to appreciate the flavours, or it's just not worth it. And obviously my stomach has shrunk because I went to an All You Can Eat fest and could only manage one plate of food (2/3 of the first plate plus the few extras I had make one plate)! Victory is mine!!!
It's time to make it beautiful.

Sinnie

Post by Sinnie » Sun Jul 23, 2006 4:00 pm

Now that's what I like to hear!!! You go girl :D

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Sun Jul 23, 2006 4:11 pm

Hi Babe! That is probably one of the most difficult scenarios to negotiate successfully, and you did it!!!

Great job girl! :mrgreen:

Peace and Love,
8) Debs
There is no Wisdom greater than Kindness

hikermom

Post by hikermom » Mon Jul 24, 2006 2:24 am

Congratulations!

pangelsue

Post by pangelsue » Mon Jul 24, 2006 4:45 am

You are truly making it beautiful. Congratulations.
A lot of growing up happens between "it fell" and "I dropped it."