question ... i am new to this

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

heweaver

question ... i am new to this

Post by heweaver » Wed Aug 09, 2006 2:46 pm

i ran across this website accidentally and it is what i have been following since getting back from france and eating the way they do (basically the no s diet).

anyway, i do have one vice that has been difficult to give up and i am not sure if it falls in the sugar category. many times for breakfast i stop by starbucks for their moca latte and many times i have that along with my breakfast. is that too much sugar?

also, i have a coffee with sugar about 3pm every afternoon. does that count as a snack?

thanks for your patience with us newcomers :)
Hillary

Sinnie

Post by Sinnie » Wed Aug 09, 2006 3:42 pm

Hey Hillary!

Welcome and great to have you here. I love newcomer questions because they make me think about rules and such more carefully.

Now the Starbucks cafe mocha with breakfast in my opinion is okay. I'm guessing you just get a tall. The mocha syrup is actually only bittersweet and there are no other sweeteners in it, just espresso and steamed milk. Just stay away from the whipped cream on top. I'd say it's a partial S, but I've done it.

Coffee with a teaspoon or so of sugar is fine! Go ahead and enjoy :) Hey think about how much better that is compared to a cookie or brownie - you're saving hundreds of calories!

Keep posting questions - I know how much it can help.

germanherman

Re: question ... i am new to this

Post by germanherman » Wed Aug 09, 2006 3:49 pm

heweaver wrote:i ran across this website accidentally and it is what i have been following since getting back from france and eating the way they do (basically the no s diet).

anyway, i do have one vice that has been difficult to give up and i am not sure if it falls in the sugar category. many times for breakfast i stop by starbucks for their moca latte and many times i have that along with my breakfast. is that too much sugar?

also, i have a coffee with sugar about 3pm every afternoon. does that count as a snack?

thanks for your patience with us newcomers :)
Ok, i hope my bad english is barley understandable.

You got three Meals over the day, what they are is not important. Your main concern are drinks, so here's what i think:

Drinks are not Snacks in my concept. If they mainly consist of sugar (Soda, Ice-Tea, Juices and so on) they are sweets and should be avoided on N-Days.

But in the NoS-Diet Formular is one point about coffee with sugar. If you want it it is not a problem if you not drink it in gigantic quantities.

But if you coffee is 75% sugar i would consider it a sweet.

For the Meals i would use a virtual plate-System for sugar drinks. If you want some "sweet" drinks for one of your meals, add a quarter of it to your virtual plate. So you avoid a bad feeling and it regulates the meal size. It is like taking 2 potatos from your plate and add a large cup ice-tea instead. It is not the best solution, but i think it is possible.

But overall i love the old "from best to worst"-list:

Water
Tea (green, especially)
Coffee (black)
Diet Soda
Sugar Soda
Cigarrettes
12 gauge shotgun in mouth

Your aim for all drinks should be, to stay as high as possible on this list everytime.
Spend over 450 Dollar on some Systems, Gadgets and courses = Zero Results

Spend 15 Bucks for a Shovelglove + NoS-Diet= ;)

German by nature

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Thu Aug 10, 2006 2:14 pm

Your English is great, germanherman, viel besser als mein Deutsch.

About the mocha, Hilary, it really depends on how much sugar they put in it. If you can count the teaspoons on one hand, ok, fine. But some of these coffee drinks are essentially hot soft drinks, in terms of sugar. It shouldn't be too difficult to find out. They're probably legally required to post this stuff somewhere.

Reinhard